Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1182318

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
According to previous posts, that must have at least doubled the value of the car! :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've been out all day fitting a new radiator to an EA Falcon, success. However I can multitask.  :mrgreen:

Does it have a spare key?  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I've been out all day fitting a new radiator to an EA Falcon, success. However I can multitask.  :mrgreen:

Does it have a spare key?  :whistler:

Or a tank full of petrol?  If it does, then it has doubled its value.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
You are all very rude boys and I don't want to play with you any more because you are being very silly.   :Pout:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
You are all very rude boys and I don't want to play with you any more because you are being very silly.   :Pout:

Don't play with yourself, though.  I don't want you to get hurt.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've heard it said that what Doggie does is private. :confused:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Yeah, I noticed the mismoner but just blamed Guest for it all. :P

LOL

Put me in HOS

how did i do it?
:lol:
The only perosn who can answer that is Guest. :laughter:
I"m still trying to work out what the F#*ks going on  :crazy1:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

Why all day, radiator's generally only take a couple of hours,even with a shit run  :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Why all day, radiator's generally only take a couple of hours,even with a shit run  :lol:
:rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Yes Rick, his place is a long way from mine, so most of it was travel. The rad came out fairly easily, followed by lunch etc. He insisted on taking it up Willunga hill for a test drive, which it passed with flying colours, but a 20 minute drive both ways. 2 people told him you can't get them out with the fan installed, which turned out to be BS. I've known him for 48 years so it was good to catch up, which we do monthly.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice little pretext for some quality time, and a very satisfying win to boot! :victory:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
+ Washed Hippo today and she looks almost brand new again! Now to wait for the inevitable rain...
- Discovered the side pockets in the boot are quite damp, and to my dismay there was a lot of water dammed up underneath the spare wheel in the well. I suspect there is a hole that came unplugged near the right hand side rear wheel arch that is letting in water. It's right below the interior boot light in that small storage pocket, so I am going to have to rip out the interior lining and have a peek around there ASAP
+ I am impressed with the Lumia's battery life, almost three days and still on 50%. Granted, I haven't been using it much but it seems to hold up well.
- Just as well it lasts long as we are currently sitting without electricity :(
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
+ Washed Hippo today and she looks almost brand new again! Now to wait for the inevitable rain...
- Discovered the side pockets in the boot are quite damp, and to my dismay there was a lot of water dammed up underneath the spare wheel in the well. I suspect there is a hole that came unplugged near the right hand side rear wheel arch that is letting in water. It's right below the interior boot light in that small storage pocket, so I am going to have to rip out the interior lining and have a peek around there ASAP
+ I am impressed with the Lumia's battery life, almost three days and still on 50%. Granted, I haven't been using it much but it seems to hold up well.

maybe it needs a different name, i don't think i ever had water get into the boot on rather of my two i30's.
did you cross a creek?

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

maybe it needs a different name, i don't think i ever had water get into the boot on rather of my two i30's.
did you cross a creek?
None that I'm aware of.

I at first thought it might have come in through the drain plugs in the wheel well, but the wet pocket is a dead giveaway that it's coming in from somewhere else. I'll dig out the tools next weekend and have a look if I can see anything. Also just as well we have rain predicted for the next 4 days... :(

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

+ I received a letter from a certain Tasmanian member today and inside was my i30 Owner's Club sticker! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am going to try and place it tomorrow, weather permitting :victory:
Thanks Darryl! :goodjob2:

What am I responding to?!?  Except that I am not sure the "i30 Owner's Club" actually has an apostrophe in it - at least in the logos, branding, etc..   It is a Club of i30 Owners - so no apostrophe needed...

However one could also argue the club is 'owned' but the i30 Owners at which point you should use an apostrophe to indicate possession - but as the word already ends with an 's', to make it plural (not singular), the apostrophe in that case should come after the 's'.   Except that we don't actually use the apostrophe anyway.

Or was it the the wrong name being called in a response that I should respond to?

In any event it is probably correct - it is will be my fault somehow. :D
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

What am I responding to?!?  Except that I am not sure the "i30 Owner's Club" actually has an apostrophe in it - at least in the logos, branding, etc..   It is a Club of i30 Owners - so no apostrophe needed...

However one could also argue the club is 'owned' but the i30 Owners at which point you should use an apostrophe to indicate possession - but as the word already ends with an 's', to make it plural (not singular), the apostrophe in that case should come after the 's'.   Except that we don't actually use the apostrophe anyway.

Or was it the the wrong name being called in a response that I should respond to?

BTW - I haven't been on for a quite a number of days.  I have now learnt the dark, and fowl, magic used earlier.   Of course, amusingly, I have made previous posts about grammar  :D

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

+ I received a letter from a certain Tasmanian member today and inside was my i30 Owner's Club sticker! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am going to try and place it tomorrow, weather permitting :victory:

I'm Afrikaans and English is my second language, bite me :p

I tried :mrgreen:

+ Sorted out my leak in my boot. It turned out to be where the rear brake light enters the bodywork. It was leaking in a bit so I silicone'ed the hell out of it around all the orifices, so holding thumbs we don't have any more wet spare wheel wells :goodjob:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 20:33:17 by wabbit16 »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good news Phil #2  :goodjob:

Don't worry, the grammer police could have a field day with my posts!  :-[

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

I'm Afrikaans and English is my second language, bite me :p

I am not sure you will taste all that good  :D   LoL - In any case I had to look it up to make sure... I had raised a topic about grammar, etc., previously (about ads done by car yards) - so I thought I was being teased in relation to that... instead I was got by the great 'you' ploy.

I tried :mrgreen:

+ Sorted out my leak in my boot. It turned out to be where the rear brake light enters the bodywork. It was leaking in a bit so I silicone'ed the hell out of it around all the orifices, so holding thumbs we don't have any more wet spare wheel wells :goodjob:

Nice - lets hope that works!

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Grammar

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Grammar
:evil:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Yous guys are having atrocious spellingh.

@ibrokeit, no worries, I get mocked every so often as my grammar is not flawless and I never seem to learn from my mistakes. Google doesn't help me much, either :rolleyes:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Grammar

Beaten to it.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Anyone else see the new Jeep that got hijacked by aliens ?
What's your take?

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I heard that one got hacked in a controlled manner; that is, the guy driving the jeep knew that the hackers were going to do things to his car.  They were able to stop the car in the end, all by sending ones and zeros through space.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+/- toooo much work and it gets busier and busier with each passing month. Expect more customers soon: start Lufthansa from winter flight schedule, more others on the way

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+/- toooo much work and it gets busier and busier with each passing month. Expect more customers soon: start Lufthansa from winter flight schedule, more others on the way

..and with planes you can't leave some until later!  :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal