Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1182099

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Oak-ay, I'll leave any further posts for Alm...Monday, since I have to study. I hope nobody will-overdo the puns until then. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well, this has definitely spruced things up around here.
Or gummed up the works.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You lot are wal-nuts but to quote "Austen Tayshus" I'll hang around until gum leaves.

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I never SAW this coming...

Off-topic:

I overheard a one-liner being told near the Cinnabon shop today: "You can't say 'Good Eye Might' without sounding Australian" :mrgreen:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I got the girl friend to say it and it works :) sounds really weird when said by an Australian though, makes an aussie sound like a foreigner trying to put on the aussie accent :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'll have to lay that one on my Indonesian friends. :lol:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
+ Only one more flight for my Type Rating Instructor (TRI) upgrade
- It is tomorrow
- CASA have to approve it
+ It will mean a good pay rise ($28k pa)
- It will mean a lot more time away from home (that is why the pay rise occurs)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
+ Only one more flight for my Type Rating Instructor (TRI) upgrade
- It is tomorrow
- CASA have to approve it
+ It will mean a good pay rise ($28k pa)
- It will mean a lot more time away from home (that is why the pay rise occurs)

Jeepers, a real double edged sword!  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
+In Tamworth for the weekend visiting the olds. Feels so good to be out of Coffs.
+The Grand Cherokee averaged 13.7l/100 (your welcome Jamie)
-Will completely miss the rally events due to organising this trip before I knew the dates for the rally.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+In Tamworth for the weekend visiting the olds. Feels so good to be out of Coffs.
-Will completely miss the rally events due to organising this trip before I knew the dates for the rally.

Some People would say so good to get to Coffs Harbour!  :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My sum total experience of Coff's Harbour is bivouacking in a hill at the base of the TV tower overlooking a hokey old Indian restaurant by the side of a coastal road, so I can't say I know it well at all. :neutral:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Some People would say so good to get to Coffs Harbour!  :lol:

Glad to go against that grain

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
My sum total experience of Coff's Harbour is bivouacking in a hill at the base of the TV tower overlooking a hokey old Indian restaurant by the side of a coastal road, so I can't say I know it well at all. :neutral:

:Dunno: Too many big words.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Those words are too small.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
+/-  I have (maybe stupidly) agreed to let a Learner drive my i30  (auto vs. caregiver's manual)
+   He isn't over confident, but seems to pick up things (well how to at least, if not smoothly) fast enough
+   More importantly he actually listens to what he is told
+   In 3 days, with 3 different supervising drivers, with no esp. long trips we have managed to increase his logged time by a third
-    In 3 days we managed to increase his logged time by a third - over logged time from where he lived previously
-    Seems most of those were - 'take me to the shops', not high on learning, trips...
-    Hadn't been taught how to hill-start, three point turn, or parallel park (at all)  :crazy2:
And the one that really got me...
-    Had been taught "It is legal to treat a Stop sign as a Give Way, if directly behind a vehicle that stopped at it." by one of the previous supervisors.   :faint:  :scared:

N.B. He will be given instruction in the manual soon (if not this weekend) - but, of course, gear-changes are one less thing to worry about in an auto.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
+/-  I have (maybe stupidly) agreed to let a Learner drive my i30  (auto vs. caregiver's manual)
+   He isn't over confident, but seems to pick up things (well how to at least, if not smoothly) fast enough
+   In 3 days, with 3 different supervising drivers, with no esp. long trips we have managed to increase his logged time by a third
-    In 3 days we managed to increase his logged time by a third - over logged time from where he lived previously
-    Seems most of those were - 'take me to the shops', not high on learning, trips...
-    Hadn't been taught how to hill-start, three point turn, or parallel park (at all)  :crazy2:
-    Had been taught "It is legal to treat a Stop sign as a Give Way, if directly behind a vehicle that stopped at it." by one of the previous supervisors.   :faint:  :scared:

N.B. He will be given instruction in the manual soon (if not this weekend) - but, of course, gear-changes are one less thing to worry about in an auto.
Scary stuff! Lets hope he picks up on the correct way of doing things soon. I would be very wary of letting someone else drive Hippo let alone a learner driver...you have a lot more faith than I ever would :lol:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
- Going home tomorrow.
+ Not back at work until Tuesday.
+ Have an engine awaiting assembly.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Scary stuff! Lets hope he picks up on the correct way of doing things soon. I would be very wary of letting someone else drive Hippo let alone a learner driver...you have a lot more faith than I ever would :lol:
Yeah it is a little - but he is listening and understanding, so he is picking up on the correct way to do things.   I think it is helping no one is getting up tight an yelling - just calmly explaining why something was wrong.   I only tried to apply the imaginary brake pedal twice in two hours  :D

While the Stop sign as Give Way is quite wrong - at least it was that... as he would have stopped and given way to other traffic had there been any.

Hehehe - the worst dent in my car is one I put there myself  :'(
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
+Well I finally got my new mountain bike off layby today, went in and payed the last bit and shop owner wanted me to sit on it again to try size. I had optioned for a large frame but he only had mediums in the shop  :blubber:
+++I got upgraded to the top spec bike with flashy gear shifts and hydraulic brakes for no extra charge  :Jaw: and its my colours too  :goodjob2:
-Cant afford to buy a helmet this week.
-My arse is killing from riding around backyard and culdesac with kids all arvo. Will take a while to get used to a saddle again.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Nice bike Tim :goodjob2: doesn't look like much padding on the seat :undecided: one of those nice comfy gel seats would be good.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice bike Tim :goodjob2: doesn't look like much padding on the seat :undecided: one of those nice comfy gel seats would be good.

:whsaid: :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It's  mountain bike. If he rides it right he won't use the seat.  :victory:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I will be doing alot of on road but plan to hit the offroad stuff as much as possible. Ill put up with the seat for a while. Helmet first.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's  mountain bike. If he rides it right he won't use the seat.  :victory:
Mountain trail biking use the seat, downhill mountain biking don't...two totally different designed bikes, the latter has longer travel in the front suspension and also have rear suspension to cope with the jumps and faster/rougher ride so it's quite awkward and uncomfortable to sit down.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

+++I got upgraded to the top spec bike with  hydraulic brakes

Tim are they hydraulic brakes or just disc brakes.....????

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal