meehalych · 5194 · 1182331

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Always sad to lose a loved pet.
Commiserations.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
It's going to be a rough year it seems...

--- Dad just called to inform me that his brother passed away an hour ago. Not a nice start to 2016 :(
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

--- Dad just called to inform me that his brother passed away an hour ago. Not a nice start to 2016 :(

Wow - double condolences then.  Loosing both a pet and an uncle!   That has got to be quite hard.

All the best to you and your family.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Very sorry to hear that Phil (been a fairly ordinary start to 2016 for a lot of people)  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
+-  NBN Cable laid in footpath today, won't be long b4 we are contacted I suspect.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
The worst is that his death could have been avoided.

He was waiting for a blood transfusion at one of the regional hospitals. He was scheduled to have the transfusion done but three hours later he still wasn't attended to. By then it was too late. I think it hit Dad very hard because he was talking to me about coming through for the day to see him. Seems he was too late

Absolutely shocking the state of our healthcare system and such a needless death caused because of it :(

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ still on vacation
+ went to Kaliningrad last weekend
+ flying to Rome tomorrow

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The worst is that his death could have been avoided.

He was waiting for a blood transfusion at one of the regional hospitals. He was scheduled to have the transfusion done but three hours later he still wasn't attended to. By then it was too late. I think it hit Dad very hard because he was talking to me about coming through for the day to see him. Seems he was too late

Absolutely shocking the state of our healthcare system and such a needless death caused because of it :(
That's terrible.  :fum:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Sorry to hear about Spot and your Uncle Phil. The sun will shine again soon for you i hope.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Thanks for the well wishes, all.

- When it rains it pours, apparently. Hippo is now one-eared Hippo after I misjudged reversing into my carport. I was distracted with all the goings on lately and I hit the support pole with my mirror. It barely touched but it was enough to shatter the clear plastic and the shiny reflector underneath. I have (mostly) patched it up but a few pieces went flying into the yard and I cannot find them. I built up the gaps with silicone sealant and will affix the mirror again tomorrow once it has cured.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the well wishes, all.

- When it rains it pours, apparently. Hippo is now one-eared Hippo after I misjudged reversing into my carport. I was distracted with all the goings on lately and I hit the support pole with my mirror. It barely touched but it was enough to shatter the clear plastic and the shiny reflector underneath. I have (mostly) patched it up but a few pieces went flying into the yard and I cannot find them. I built up the gaps with silicone sealant and will affix the mirror again tomorrow once it has cured.

Things happen in 3's Phil (at least the 3rd was less upsetting - slightly)  :disapp: Chin up!

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
- I am back to work
+ an amount of work has increased significantly comparing to last year
+ going to Vienna and Prague in May, unless I am sent to a type course.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
+ Heading to Sydney on the 1st of April for Hyundai regional awards night.
+ I have been nominated for Technician of the year.
- I have to foot the bill this time. Driving down Friday, will be paying for secured parking a couple of blocks from venue and driving back to central coast (where i grew up) to stay overnight before heading home Saturday.
+ Excited to rub shoulders with some Aussie bigwigs. Hope i dont have to give a speech.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
That's fantastic, if ya have to make a speech you'll get extra points for brevity Tim   :goodjob:  so if ya do then 'stand up speak then shut up'...

Enjoy the experience  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ Tim's up for another award!  :happydance:
- He has to pay his own way!  :fum:

Hopefully you win and get another monetary award!   :fingers:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I would like to report that my Cruise on the Sea Princess a couple of weeks ago was great until on the way home. On the M1 from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to pick my up my dog from a kennel I had a phone call in the car telling me that my Best friend ( Nelson ) my white Standard Poodle was a bit lethargic . When i saw him I immediately took him to my vet. I don't want go into detail as my keyboard is not waterproof. He stayed in the vets overnight and the next morning I was their first customer. I laid on the floor with him for a good half hour, he was in a bad way and could not move and also in pain . I took the vets advice and after 10 min more I had to give the decision to euthanise him. I cradled him in my arms until he went to sleep and cried like a baby ( big old tough me ,born and bred in the tough East end of London ). He was 12 years old but very lively. I feel guilty about putting him the kennels but the owners assured me that Nelson and my Daughters dog ( they were in the same kennel ) had a ball until the morning I went to pick him up. I never got to take him home. Sorry if I have depressed any one with this story but as any one who has loved their dog will understand even though he had a good life it still hurts to loose him. I needed to do this as I thought it might help me but it is not working everything has gone blurry.  Thank you to all those that can relate to this post and understand . Roll on the weeks so the hurt will ease up.

John B.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I know words don't help much, but I've been there too, with both a dog and a cat. Both well into their teens.
Commiserations.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Another award. Already guaranteed some monetary awards, have to wait and see if it exceeds the amount i already know is coming.

John very hard time.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I've had to do that with my best friend, too. It's very hard but you wouldn't want your pet to suffer. He's at peace now. :Pout:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Another award. Already guaranteed some monetary awards, have to wait and see if it exceeds the amount i already know is coming.

John very hard time.

Thanks Tim, and well done ,you are certainly on the up up with your awards. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

John very hard time.
Shall we call you mr hy from now.......
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
My sympathies, John & RIP Nelson.

Tim - congratulations on the nomination! Fingers crossed for a win & enjoy your trip to Sydney.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would like to report that my Cruise on the Sea Princess a couple of weeks ago was great until on the way home. On the M1 from Brisbane to the Gold Coast to pick my up my dog from a kennel I had a phone call in the car telling me that my Best friend ( Nelson ) my white Standard Poodle was a bit lethargic . When i saw him I immediately took him to my vet. I don't want go into detail as my keyboard is not waterproof. He stayed in the vets overnight and the next morning I was their first customer. I laid on the floor with him for a good half hour, he was in a bad way and could not move and also in pain . I took the vets advice and after 10 min more I had to give the decision to euthanise him. I cradled him in my arms until he went to sleep and cried like a baby ( big old tough me ,born and bred in the tough East end of London ). He was 12 years old but very lively. I feel guilty about putting him the kennels but the owners assured me that Nelson and my Daughters dog ( they were in the same kennel ) had a ball until the morning I went to pick him up. I never got to take him home. Sorry if I have depressed any one with this story but as any one who has loved their dog will understand even though he had a good life it still hurts to loose him. I needed to do this as I thought it might help me but it is not working everything has gone blurry.  Thank you to all those that can relate to this post and understand . Roll on the weeks so the hurt will ease up.

John B.
So sorry to hear that John, never a good feeling :( I had a similar event with my 7 yr old Malamute and was sad and teary afterwards...the pain will heal but good memories will remain.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very Sad John. One of the few negatives of pets is their relatively short life span.  :blubber:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My condolences on your loss , John.....we seemed to have followed similar lines.......I had to put my small companion down after 18years of loyalty and had not shed a tear for 40 odd years till this happened...I was a mess....so again my condolance

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal