i30 Owners Club

new i30 trophy

kabukiman · 48 · 16668

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Great to hear that you're really enjoying the i30!

Can you give a summary of the problems you had with the Fiesta?  From what I've read, the Fiesta was supposed to mark a turning point for Ford after their financial problems a few years ago, especially with a greater focus (pun intended) on smaller cars rather than the gas-guzzling SUVs.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The Trophy looks like it's spec'ed to SLX level. Would this be right? Maybe I should've waited, but then I was looking for a 6sp manual diesel. Dunno if that's available for that price point in the Trophy.

You can compare the SLX and the Trophy using the following links.

http://www.hyundai.com.au/vehicles/i30-trophy

http://www.hyundai.com.au/vehicles/i30/specification-range

The Trophy misses out on climate control, the trip computer & steering wheel controls for the stereo, among other things....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The SLX  also gets nicer Upholstery in the Hatch (The CW gets the same SLX style upholstery in the SX as well)

and the Trophy only comes as a 2.0 Petrol
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
And the Trophy gets the grey coloured SLX alloys, cruise & foglights.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria

You can compare the SLX and the Trophy using the following links.

Thanks Rusty. Looks like it misses out on the gadgety things that attracted me to the SLX in the first place (that and the manual diesel).

Speaking of gadgets, today I got an iPhone 4S. Got it successfully paired and playing music. However, it was continually cutting out on me when I hooked it up via the USB cable. Couldn't work it out til I realised that the Bluetooth was continually disconnecting it as it tried to pair (unsuccessfully) with the radio.

Have yet to work out how to drive the iPhone from the dash controls when wire connected, but via BT audio streaming works a treat.
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Bought this last week, picked it up today.
Congrats and welcome.

The Trophy looks like it's spec'ed to SLX level. Would this be right? Maybe I should've waited, but then I was looking for a 6sp manual diesel. Dunno if that's available for that price point in the Trophy.

Whatever, it looks the goods. Happy i30'ing...

not familiar with slx equipment

the trophy is a limited run package built on a base model 2.0L.  Just some nicer trim stuff, really the same car with different rims, spoiler and leather bits.  Also cruise and fogs I think aren't on a base

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Bought this last week, picked it up today.

Had an unfortunate time with my old peugeot, which turned into a death trap (no amount of regular maintenance can prevent some of the problems old french cars will develop), and a brand new Ford Fiesta.  Put it this way, I will never ever, if I can help it, go near another Ford Motor Company product again.

I test drove an i30 before I bought the Fiesta but it was a tad bit more expensive back then for some reason I liked the Fiesta better.  I've been regretting not getting the i30 ever since and so I am extremely happy to have one of these parked outside now.

The trophy versions are absolute bargains at the moment here.  I bought this for the same price as a base model 2.0L

Drives well, doesn't take to 91RON fuel as well as I was told it would but that's okay, I'm used to filling up with premium.

any other trophy owners on here in Australia?

Hey, who stole my car, I have your twin ! $19990 on the road, good value. Purchased 27 June 2012.  Couple of things short - no rear cup holders, no storage back of front seats, no trip computor, no steering wheel audio controls, that is about all, otherwise very good extras.
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Lester if you like to protect your seats with seat covers many of the better ones come with pockets in the seat backs... :goodjob:

Offline korben

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

• RM78WA
I love this place! It's funny, I purchased a second hand i30 trophy with 11,000km on 4 months ago. I'm up to 20,000km now and it's just such a beaut car.

As I mentioned in my new member thread, I came from a brand new fg xr6 which I was sorely disappointed with to the i30, and it's just such a better finish on the car! Even has heated mirrors, which have actually been handy on some of the colder mornings we have had.

I to don't like the radio display. I can barely read it with my sunglasses on, and it's just so bright at night it's ridiculous! Love the car otherwise though :)
  • 2011 i30 Trophy 2.0l Hatch

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I to don't like the radio display. I can barely read it with my sunglasses on, and it's just so bright at night it's ridiculous! Love the car otherwise though :)

If you press the "Dark" button in the upper right corner of the radio, it will darken the radio display.

Otherwise you can install that interior illumination regulator, as it will also regulate the light in the radio.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Can you give a summary of the problems you had with the Fiesta?  From what I've read, the Fiesta was supposed to mark a turning point for Ford after their financial problems a few years ago, especially with a greater focus (pun intended) on smaller cars rather than the gas-guzzling SUVs.

My horrid experiences with them are too numerous to summarise for you.  I will never, ever buy one again.  Their dealers are staffed by rude lazy cowboys and their products are pretty poor, their customer support does not offer any sort of support at all and their warranties are jokes.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

My horrid experiences with them are too numerous to summarise for you.  I will never, ever buy one again.  Their dealers are staffed by rude lazy cowboys and their products are pretty poor, their customer support does not offer any sort of support at all and their warranties are jokes.

But other than that it was an enjoyable ownership experience?  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Hey Lester if you like to protect your seats with seat covers many of the better ones come with pockets in the seat backs... :goodjob:

Thanks Daz, but seat covers would cause problems with operation of airbags would they not?  Hyundai do not advise seat covers for that reason, so the little sticker on the car says, something like that. :eek:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Daz, but seat covers would cause problems with operation of airbags would they not?  Hyundai do not advise seat covers for that reason, so the little sticker on the car says, something like that. :eek:

You can use seat covers but they need to be "Airbag friendly ones" which have a very weak seam adjacent to the airbag in the seat ... :goodjob:

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

But other than that it was an enjoyable ownership experience?  :)

The car was a really genuinely good drive, when it all worked properly, but that wasn't often.

I would have been safer in my old 16yr old peugeot blindfolded

Offline kabukiman

• 3rd Gear
  • apricot herder

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

If you press the "Dark" button in the upper right corner of the radio, it will darken the radio display.

Otherwise you can install that interior illumination regulator, as it will also regulate the light in the radio.

I can't find a dark button on mine.

My clock is fast anyway so I just have the screen off all the time, unless I get a phone call or am using my ipod.

anyway just an update.  Car is going beautifully.  Needs an oil change, nothing more.  I think it pulls to the left very slighty and has done since I bought it but I also think it may just be the crowned roads where I live.

All I have to worry about now is people vandalising it

I don't know, people seem to have a dislike for others with new cars where I live and work.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I don't know, people seem to have a dislike for others with new cars where I live and work.

That's pretty sad :Pout:, that sort of thing makes me cranky as hell  :evil: (and I dont get cranky very often)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal