i30 Owners Club

Another Sydney-sider with an X-month wait...

Rubix · 22 · 5792

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Hi people.

I'm another <soon-to-be> i30-er from Sydney. I found you guys after reading through 100-odd responses to an i30 review where I think Dave + Eyma + Dazz decided upon making this site. You guys convinced me to look into purchasing an i30 instead of an Astra, Lancer or Focus. Here's hoping the Hyundai doesn't have the repair costs associated with the Astra, and obviously it looks better than the Focus and Lancer.

I've never been a car enthusiast, but I'm beginning to understand my Dad and his toy a little more now. I can't wait to add blue LED's to my door handles and around my pedals (among other adjustments - thanks for the idea YOSOYPEPO)... and I look forward to washing and polishing my car every few weeks. Not something I've done before - as you can see I'm driving a '92 Charade at the moment. A tad bit out of date.

Offline grug

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Rubrix and welcome!

I'm currently stuck with an '87 Charade with no air-con, so don't feel too bad!

Any idea of when this 'x' month wait might be up?

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Yeah, no air con in mine either - my newborn baby's suffering.

Well, I've been told January at the longest - but the stories I've heard aren't too promising. Lucky that Korean factory strike thing is over, so there shouldn't be any hold ups.

I believe the dealership may be going to give me a temporary car until it gets here, because the Astra I could have purchased would have been ready within 10 days - we'll see. Still in the middle of final negotiations.

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome Rubix  :)  fingers crossed for a swift delivery
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Rubix.

Hope wait is not too long.

If you put location in profile it helps when discussing/ replying etc also help via local knowledge
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Rubix..

Welcome to the club... As you can see it has grown quickly

Hope things get "squared up" quickly  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Quote from: "Rubix"
Yeah, no air con in mine either - my newborn baby's suffering.

Well, I've been told January at the longest - but the stories I've heard aren't too promising. Lucky that Korean factory strike thing is over, so there shouldn't be any hold ups.

I believe the dealership may be going to give me a temporary car until it gets here, because the Astra I could have purchased would have been ready within 10 days - we'll see. Still in the middle of final negotiations.

Time frame is the week before Christmas, or the week after New Years. The dealership has signed to giving me a loan car from 3 weeks time until I get my car (5-7 weeks), to match the maximum 3 weeks delivery time I would have had if I'd purchased an Astra.

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Welcome Rubix.
It'll be worth the wait.
:D

And its good that the dealer is offering a loan car for the period also.

Offline jay

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
hmm I want a loan car, my current car is dying - it only unlocks from the passenger side plus more problems but thast is the most annoying! I'm in the same situation - pretty much getting the car in Jan.

Offline simon

• 3rd Gear
I can't understand all the delays in getting i30s - my local dealer always has at least 5 i30s in the yard !

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
I can't understand all the delays in getting i30s - my local dealer always has at least 5 i30s in the yard !

I think the delays are when you have a different order as in getting some other stuff fitted in the i30, like for instance sunroof, parking sensors, all that protecting package and stuff and sometimes the colour.  Dealers usually have the standard cars.

Cheers:)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Hi Simon, Your dealer may have some floor stock, but dont forget he needs at least 4 cars for demonstration purposes. He would want a Auto and manual in both petrol and diesel. He may also want a SR as well. He cant sell these unless he has a car to replace it with, so for the most part, dealers are still just taking orders.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Hi Simon, Your dealer may have some floor stock, but dont forget he needs at least 4 cars for demonstration purposes. He would want a Auto and manual in both petrol and diesel. He may also want a SR as well. He cant sell these unless he has a car to replace it with, so for the most part, dealers are still just taking orders.

...and also that :)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

truthfully, I'd prefer to wait to get a brand spanking 0km-on-the-clock shiny new car than one from the lot. And waiting is what I'm doing, now it may be January before I receive the car - which in turn will hopefully mean free accessories... we shall see.

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

18km on the clock, with the plastic still covering the interior, I picked up my brand spanking new Hyundai i30 today.
I've had it tinted with the darkest legal tint (which doesn't look dark enough, in retrospect, during the day, but at night I couldn't see that far behind me so I'm happy I got it as is).
Tomorrow I pick up my parts.

YAAAAAY!!! Extremely happy.
Will post more later, but @ home I'm nearing my download/upload limit for the month & 2 days to go :S - I'll see you guys in Penrith, that are coming. Talk to you then!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great stuff M8 - can you remind us what spec you got (and colour etc... pending your pictures)  :razz:

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I took the lazy Automatic version, Petrol because the torque just wasn't worth the added cost of Diesel (especially since Auto versions have similar per-L consumptions). SLX for the Cruise Control, Safety Features, Alloys, Automatic Air-con and the enhanced LCD display. Silver for the looks-less-dirty (compared to White), less fade (compared to Red), less 'girly' (compared to Moonlight Blue - hahaha Dazz), and cooler in the Aussie sun (compared to heat-attractant Black). I would have gone vivid blue with racing stripes had it been solely my choice, but marriage has it's pro's AND con's.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good stuff rubix, now get that sig updated :lol: and welcome to the REAL owners club :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I took the lazy Automatic version, Petrol because the torque just wasn't worth the added cost of Diesel (especially since Auto versions have similar per-L consumptions). SLX for the Cruise Control, Safety Features, Alloys, Automatic Air-con and the enhanced LCD display. Silver for the looks-less-dirty (compared to White), less fade (compared to Red), less 'girly' (compared to Moonlight Blue - hahaha Dazz), and cooler in the Aussie sun (compared to heat-attractant Black). I would have gone vivid blue with racing stripes had it been solely my choice, but marriage has it's pro's AND con's.

Your driving an Auto Petrol and you reckon mine's a girls car... :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: (I do like the silver SLX combo though)  :razz:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal