i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth issues FD-01 radio

gedm · 5 · 5560

Offline gedm

• 1st Gear
Hi,

My wife has a 2011 i30 SLX with a FD01 radio.  We have had nothing but problems with the bluetooth and unfortunately the dealer hasn't been much help.  The bluetooth will connect, but sometimes not put the phone call through the speakers.  About 25% of the calls can't hear the person in the car very well, that is the people on the other end suggest the mic is not working and it sounds like we are talking through the phone but from a distance. At times the bluetooth will drop out and then not reconnect unless the car is turned off and back on.  The clock gains time, about 5 mins a month.

All the problems are intermittent and the dealer just says the phone needs updating.  We have tried a Nokia E71, E63, Samsung GT-S5660 (Gio) and LG E900 and they all experience some or all of the above issues.  Has anyone else experienced problems with this radio?

Thanks

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome gedm ..

Sorry to hear of your problems. Bluetooth can be fraught with issues but can't recall anyone specifically having all those. You have done the right thing trying different phones. Be patient with replies on here some only visit irregularly.

I would suggest writing to Hyundai Australia directly (by email or via the contact link on their website) Include the fact you have tried numerous other phones and that your dealer has been less than helpful.. Also try another dealer maybe if another is not too far away.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
Presumably I have the same radio given the car that I own is the same. I had a HTC Desire android phone which worked fine in all BT modes. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 (another Android) which also worked. More recently I bought an iPhone 4S. It too works fine in all BT modes. And my wife's Motorola Milestone 2 (android) works fine as well.

Obviously the dealer is giving you the short shrift. And a strongly worded, but polite, letter to Hyundai Australia would be in order, followed by one to your state's consumer affairs if they don't want to play ball.

Good luck with it.
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My car is also a 2011 model. The clock was also very inaccurate until it was replaced for radio issues.

Somebody else posted that having an inaccurate clock was enough for a helpful dealer to organise a replacement.

Bluetooth works fine with my phone, Samsung galaxy s2. Occasionally a call won't connect properly or the phone doesn't automatically connect to Bluetooth when i get in the car but this is a rarity. The microphone though is soft and a lot of people complain it is hard to hear me.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome gedm,

The short answer is a new radio unit. The clock should not gain that much per month so ther is an internal fault somewhere. Good luck.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal