i30 Owners Club

ESP OFF and Fault Code

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
This morning on the way to work my ESP OFF light came on but seemed to have reset it's self my the time I was heading home. I've read on here about tyre pressure being the main culprit for this happening but as a precaution I decided to run the Torque app anyway. It came back with  -

"Fault code [P2112] Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed"

Has this happened to anyone else and are they connected? Should I be worried? Its a new code as I only ran the code reader last week and it was clear.

• Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Not happened to me, but a quick google shows it could be one of a few things, including low battery voltage. Did the performance suffer (limp mode) when it came on?

I'm guessing the Torque app showed it as a "pending code" meaning it's in the ECU history and will be cleared from there after a few engine starts. The fact your ESP warning extinguished kinda supports that theory, but you need to keep an eye on it.

Next time it happens, visit the dealer and say "hey, fix this"
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TazManiac

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brighton, Tasmania
Definitely get it checked out. We had been told about 8 times that there was nothing wrong with our Holden viva when the cel came on and went out all the time. Apparently they couldn't find a code but it ended up needing the whole head taken apart and half a dozen valves replaced in the end. Automatic vehicles aren't meant to stall at all, not to mention while driving at highway speeds... Was scary and ended up cutting our losses with it. Sold it broken for more than we would have made off it if we paid to fix it and sold it.
  • 2012 i30 FD SX 2.0 Petrol

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
I’ll keep an eye on the ESP OFF light and check the tyre pressures and battery voltage. The odd thing is that the car is driving perfectly normally. Without the code reader I wouldn’t know that anything is wrong. I’m going to clear the code and see if it shows up again. If it does then I guess it’s a trip to the dealer with my warranty book.

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
I went to get my air-con recharged this morning and asked them to check the wheel alignment while they were at it. When I got back I was told it was "miles out" so maybe that could explain the ESP OFF light coming on a few time. The car feels totally different now for the better  :)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Good, Why was it "miles out"  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
Good, Why was it "miles out"  :question:

Pot hole ridden Scottish roads I expect. I get it checked every now and again anyway just to prevent adverse tyre wear.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yet there are many here, who don't bother with an alignment, go figure  :exclaim:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yet there are many here, who don't bother with an alignment, go figure  :exclaim:

I can get an alignment done for perhaps half what someone off the street can (not what you know it's who you know)

However, if I am getting no symptoms while driving and no feathering or uneven wear why bother (i can have a good feed for A$40)  :mrgreen:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
But you guys and quite a few others on here are more savvy about mechanical things than the average Joe. I have no problem with that. But the number of unevenly worn tyres we take off says we are in the minority.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
Had this problem, took it in was the brake sender unit, replaced it on the spot, a common issue.

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire

I can get an alignment done for perhaps half what someone off the street can (not what you know it's who you know)

However, if I am getting no symptoms while driving and no feathering or uneven wear why bother (i can have a good feed for A$40)  :mrgreen:

Its £15 at my local garage which is a fraction of the cost of going somewhere like Kwik Fit. I figure its cheaper than a new tyre.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Its £15 at my local garage which is a fraction of the cost of going somewhere like Kwik Fit. I figure its cheaper than a new tyre.

That is terrific if it is a 4 wheel align  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal