i30 Owners Club

Automatic Climate control - to cold and rough

Robert · 8 · 2234

Offline Robert

• 1st Gear
Recently purchased a used 2011 -I30 1.6 crdi with 2800 km on the meter. Overall very happy with the car. I'm however struggling a bit with the automatic climate control which I think is behaving strangely. Set at 24-25 celsius (roughly 75-77 fahrenheit), I still feel the ac is blowing way to much cold air despite the outside temp. being only 15-20 celcius and both me and the spouse have to close the vents when driving in order not to freeze or raise the setting even higher.

Coming from an Audi A4 which had a dual-zone climate control which was spot on temperature wise when set to 20-22 celcius which I consider a good interior temperature when driving, im a bit dissappointed and confused.

Anyone else had an issue like the one above?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.
I can't say I've noticed this problem but if I find it's not what I want on auto I tend to just drop the fan speed down which places it into manual mode.
I've had a few cars (different makes) with auto climate control and I have to say that I can take it or leave it and still like a good manual system for fine adjustment.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Sorry, I can't help with your problem, but there will be other members who can, so be patient for a reply.

Welcome to the club, Robert. Where are you from?
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I can't say I've noticed this problem but if I find it's not what I want on auto I tend to just drop the fan speed down which places it into manual mode.
I've had a few cars (different makes) with auto climate control and I have to say that I can take it or leave it and still like a good manual system for fine adjustment.

:whsaid:

Hi Robert and welcome.. My wife used to complain about that in my previous CRDi (although I didn't notice it so much) She has a base model petrol now without climate control and she finds it better/easier to set in that regard.

Maybe you should try turning off the auto and just adjust everything manually...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Certainly, I've found the fan speed creep up to high when I don't want it to, but as far as temperature goes, 22 Deg C is getting on the warm side for comfortable driving with outside temps of 12-13 Deg. I have never set anything like 27 Deg, don't need to.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Robert, hi :D

The last (of many) repairs on my AC resulted in a new condensor being fitted. No big deal you say, except that unlike previous 'visits' to get it working this time the engy advised that the system had been brimmed with cooling agent. On no previous visit had this been done or mentioned. I was told that, because of this, it would feel much much cooler when in use, for a period of time. Needless to say it soon wore off and settled back to normal; took about a month for that to happen.

Any idea if your system had been recharged prior to you collecting your i30?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Robert

• 1st Gear
Thank you for the welcome,

I'm from Malmö in the south of Sweden and currently enjoying the grueling heat of the Swedish summer i.e. 68 degrees ;).

No idea if the A/C was refilled recently, I doubt it though.

But I guess an over-effecient A/C is better then an under-efficient one.

Hopefully the issue won't bother me too much in the long run.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Try dialling up the temp you want and do not use auto until the cabin is warm, that may help too. 68 Deg F in Summer  :scared:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal