• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

Offline OMVanders

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      McLaren Vale

• McLaren Vale, South Australia Black CRDi I30 SX
So then,what's a guy to think... do Ozzie i30's have a CPF or not?
I would have thought they do, despite Hyundai's official advice that they don't (see other discussion thread). :?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi O-M ...

Still chasing the final answer (public Holiday today doesn't help)

Will post results as soon as I have them...

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline LowEmissionI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Just to add to the confusion, I asked my dealer via e-mail whether my i30 CRDi has a particulate filter and he got back to me on the phone saying it does.  When I said that there was a bit of confusion about this on this forum with various replies from dealers and "an official answer" that says it does not he said he would check again but that the Service Manager (at the Belconnen dealership here in Canberra, Australia) seemed certain that it did!

By the way I also asked about the vehicle run-in process instructions on p 1/5 of the owners manual (it claims one should keep the engine between 2000 and 4000 revs).  He confirmed that this is crap (probably a mistake by Hyundai whereby the petrol version instructions are made to look like they apply to diesels as well when they actually don't).  He said his Service Manager recommended keeping the revs below 3000 revs for the first 1000km...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Guys...

See Service Interval posting by Bob I quote...

"Also asked him about the oil they are using during oil changes. It is a Valvoline Synpower fully synthetic oil. There are two type, one for a common rail turbo engine and the other for a common rail turbo with particulate filter. He said the i30 CRDi does not have a particulate filter, but the Santa Fe CRDi does. The Santa Fe CRDi is the only Hyundai they have sold that has the particulate filter. Interesting?"

Seems crazy that some dealers still don't know about this!

http://www.aouq23.dsl.pipex.com/I30_OIL_.pdf

Rgds,

Dazz

ouri30
I am very confused, even though the dealer told me the i30 doesn't have the particulate filter.  Wish there was only one story coming from Hyundai, then we would all know.  PLESE NOTE:  I have only posted the info I was told - it is not necessarily my opinion.

Why am I confused?  Well, I went to http://www.valvoline.com.au and found a lubricant selector.  It states the i30 oil should be SYNPOWER MST 5W-30.  I have researched this oil a bit further and found this link http://www.ourexcellentadventures.com/wp-content/documents/Synpower.pdf which states, and I quote
Synpower MST 5W-30 and Synpower 5W-40 , are designed for diesel passenger cars with diesel particulate filters and also meet the emission system protection requirements of ILSAC GF-4.

Seems the oil my dealer uses can be used in an engine with a particulate filter.

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Bob,

That's the 2nd time I've heard/read that the Sante Fe Diesel is the only Hyundai in Aus with a Particulate Filter. Like you say though it's a bit of a saga!

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline OMVanders

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      McLaren Vale

• McLaren Vale, South Australia Black CRDi I30 SX
I just had my i30 in for it's 7500k service today and was told the same thing about the SanteFe being the only Hyundai in Australia with the PF.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal