i30 Owners Club

How to remove park lights GD

RossC · 12 · 14635

Offline RossC

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
It may sound like a stupid question, most people who tinker with cars would have changed or pulled out park light bulbs at some stage..

I can't work out for the life of me how to remove the park lights, to replace them with white LED lights.
After removing the cover, exposing the high beam bulb and park light, a simple clip removes the high beam bulb..
But the park light...? I've tried pulling, twisting, and eventually broke off a piece of the plug and still can't get the thing out!

Please help....somebody....anybody....?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is there absolutely no mention of it in your handbook?

Meh, it wouldn't surprise me if there was nothing in there :rolleyes:

Did you try pushing in then twisting?

Being an FD guy myself, I cannot help I'm afraid (though I would enjoy the challenge if your i30 was here right now ;))
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline RossC

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Is that one of the whopping big novels they give ya with the car..?
If all else fails, read the destructions..
I figured there  would be some simple solution. I'll pop up to Hyundai and see if they will kindly change them over for me  :happydance:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The handbook for my new i30 gives details for changing all the front light bulbs on pages 7-55, 7-56 and 7-57.

It seems to be a simple task

Disconnect negative cable from battery
Remove all front bumper retaining screws - some are in the wheel arch
Pull out the front bumper
Remove the headlight unit from the car
Disconnect the power connector front and back of the headlight assembly
Carefully sweep up all broken glass if you drop it
You can then access the various covers and bulbs - to undo their mountings turn anti-clockwise
Reverse the operation
Test
Start again if the light(s) don't work
Reverse the operation
Test
Start again if the light(s) don't work

Retire to the house for a cup of tea and to put plasters on any wounds you may have suffered.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Unfortunately thats typical of most cars these days.

Now I'm dead against a Nanny State, but in this case motor manufacturers should be prosecuted under Health & Safety regulations.

If a copper stops you and points out a failed light, then :-
1) you have been driving illegally
2) you cant do anything about it at the roadside
3) if you drive it home you may be involved in an accident where your insurance company (and the law) may say your vehicle condition may have contributed to the cause.
4) it just pi$$es me off that they get away with it... it even makes a nonsense of being thoughtful and carrying spare bulbs with you!
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline immx

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Essex

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great find!.. Wonder if there is an android version? Only have an Android Tablet and phone..

Yep there is one.. Don't know the authenticy of the site though (so proceed at own risk)

http://www.ollapp.com/app/hyundai-i30-user-manual/android
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rochdale Pioneers

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Teesside
I tried to change my parking light earlier, with the entire cluster sat on my dining room table. Having removed the main beam bulb to create the maximum space possible I then got to work with the back of the bulb. I pushed it, I pulled it, I twisted it - in short any possible thing I could do I did.

And did it show any sign at all of coming out even a teensy bit.....? No
  • i30 1.4 Comfort 5dr

Offline RossC

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I tried to change my parking light earlier, with the entire cluster sat on my dining room table. Having removed the main beam bulb to create the maximum space possible I then got to work with the back of the bulb. I pushed it, I pulled it, I twisted it - in short any possible thing I could do I did.

And did it show any sign at all of coming out even a teensy bit.....? No

The guy @ hyundai said if I leave them in the car he'll pop them in with its next service.. Ha! He doesn't know what he's in for :)

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Any luck with the parker lights? I did too and tried so hard, broke abit off the plug with a plier but still wont budge! I really think the person who wrote the manual should try it out himself/herself before causing people distress.

Offline RossC

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Any luck with the parker lights? I did too and tried so hard, broke abit off the plug with a plier but still wont budge! I really think the person who wrote the manual should try it out himself/herself before causing people distress.

Yes! I took it into Hyundai last week to get the sat nav unit fixed, after i managed to wipe the maps off it running aftermarket software to watch movies etc (its a long story) and I asked the guy if they could kindly put them in for me. He said "yep no problem"..

I don't think he had any idea quite what they were in for but when I went back to pick the car up, they had been fitted  :happydance:

The guy said it was a mission but I didn't ask how he did it. My way of thinking, if they break something fitting them, they'll no doubt have to replace it  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal