i30 Owners Club

Help in buying Korean accessories

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Due to the interest of some of our members in sourcing Korean i30 mod items
two of our Korean members, Jay-Moon and Jae-Hak, have been researching the cost
of buying and shipping things out of Korea.  (At this time the shipping cost is to Australia
but it could be also be determined for other countries if there is interest.)

ITEM 1: Tomato A&P bodykit

As shown and described here.

http://www.tomatoanp.com/anpshop/product/product_view.asp?bgcode=001&ltCode=001&gdCode=00000090

It would cost $ 700 (Aust. dollars) for the Tomato body kit which includes front and rear bumpers, L and R side skirts, and front "eyelines".

Shipping would cost a further $584 (Aust. dollars) by air from Seoul to Sydney ( approx. 5 days),
or $287 (Aust. dollars) to send by ship (approx 1 month).

Any import taxes plus costs to get from Sydney to your destination would need to be added.

On top of this the items are not painted and would require painting to your colour scheme.

Item 2:   Navigation LCD monitor housing

These units house your own navigator/LCD and replace the pop up dash board storage unit as seen below ;

The units are custom made and require you to advise the length, width and depth of your own navigator unit to fit into these housings.
Only an approximate cost of $140 (Aust dollars) is available at the moment. No shipping cost is yet determined.
The Korean makers will probably give a discount on orders of 10 or more.

If you want further details, or wish to order, I can put you in touch with the i30 club members Jay-Moon ( for bodykit) or Jae-Hak ( for Nav housing), or you can PM them yourself.  
These guys have volunteered  to help us at the other end and are making no money from this. They are willing to do all the legwork and paperwork necessary to source and send these items.
Nice to have such i30 buddies in Korea !!!

Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's good info thanks Jay-Moon and Jae-Hak (& Russ for contacting them)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

yeah thanks guys. As I mentioned before I'm trying to source something from Korea, and I'll give everyone an idea of what customs and import taxes I pay once it gets here. I think I'm just going to go in head first and order it and pay whatever taxes the government tells me I have to rather than finding out what they are first :P Will get back to you all in a month or so...

Offline Jaymoon

• 1st Gear

• kr Korea, Republic of
      Seoul

• 1.6 petrol
Anytime welcome all you members! Feel free to contact me at anytime.

Rubix, Seoul-mate.. you are seems like missionaries  :lol:

Offline G14Classified101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gosford
Yeah im defanetely interested. However i only want the front and rear skirt... I have and SR so i already have side skirts and dont wish to remove them. Is importing just front and back possible and will it make the price drop a little.

Also Jaymoon could you possibly find out if there are any after market turbo manifolds in korea. I cant find any on the net and all the projects i have found all seem full custom jobs.

Thanx

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Is importing just front and back possible and will it make the price drop a little.

I believe you can buy rear piece with fake exhausts on its own and front 'spoiler' on its own, but then if you got the whole kit you could probably sell the skirts.

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Wow! Looks like a beaut to me.

Love the nav housing - as soon as I settle on a nav solution, then I will be ordering one.  :razz:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal