i30 Owners Club

Great Site - Congratulations to Admin, Moderators and Web-Designers

adj50 · 6 · 1421

Offline adj50

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2011 SX 1.6 gasoline, 4sp-auto, Melbourne, OZ
Over the last 18 months I have been regularly visiting car owner’s internet forums in USA, UK, Germany and Australia as part of my research into which car I would buy next.
Not only did I end up buying an i30, but also came to admire this specific website as one of the best user forums out there.

Home page layout.
A great grab of one stop subjects such as...
- Highlighted recent threads
- Dynamically updated 15 or so Recent Topics (for wired-in on-the-go smart phone users)
- Overviews for the curious, such as Who-is-Online, Visitors, Board Stats, etc.

Clean, Clear Forum Structure.
A tidy breakdown into sub-categories such as Diesel, Petrol, and Non-Model-Specific help to quickly find and browse subjects of interest.

A Rich Diversity of Subjects.
I started out looking for info on real life fuel consumption, technical concerns with the i30, etc. And then, with time, I finally got my head out of the engine compartment and fuel tank, and noticed lots of other interesting stuff such as Suggested Improvements, Jokes, Travel Experiences, etc.

Forum Admin, Moderators and Web Designers.
A diverse bunch of enthusiasts from petrol heads to engineering professionals, all working to welcome noobies, and keeping the site alive and throbbing. They are obviously also good listeners – their ongoing feedback to the web designers reflects in the current excellent structure and style of the site.

Summary.
I recently bought an i30 – the best car for me. And that decision was assisted by this forum - the best car owner’s site on the World Wide Web. Now that’s sort of logical, wouldn’t you agree?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :thanx: for your comments, much appreciated.
Don't be a stranger on here.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I concur, my compliments to the founders, administrators and the members, some good information on here, a clean, well run forum. :goodjob2: :mrgreen:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^
Yep. Let's not forget the members who contribute mightily and are to be congratulated fpr treating the site in a well mannerd way.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The success of the site is down to each and everyone of you.

The topics are far ranging with replies informative and not forgetting the off topic section which brings a laugh or two.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Love the feedback thanks...  :goodjob: 

A special thanks has to go to Shambles for his untiring efforts to tweak every facet of the forum!

and of course to our diverse membership "family" the combination of nationalities and personalities works a treat ... :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal