i30 Owners Club

iPod Loading Error

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
So, I jumped in my car today and turned it on to the iPod (As per usual), and "Loading iPod" came up, followed by "Loading Error" -- I tried switching car on / off, disconnecting / reconnecting the iPod cable, I tried my iPhone (Which used to work as a iPod before, also) -- Same thing. Anyone else had this issue? Was workin absolutely fine an hour before -- Then nothing. Help, please? I'm a little ticked off as I have a 3 hour drive tonight and having music would be handy, ha ha.

Cheers folks. Fingers crossed it is something simple!
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So, I jumped in my car today and turned it on to the iPod (As per usual), and "Loading iPod" came up, followed by "Loading Error" -- I tried switching car on / off, disconnecting / reconnecting the iPod cable, I tried my iPhone (Which used to work as a iPod before, also) -- Same thing. Anyone else had this issue? Was workin absolutely fine an hour before -- Then nothing. Help, please? I'm a little ticked off as I have a 3 hour drive tonight and having music would be handy, ha ha.

Cheers folks. Fingers crossed it is something simple!

If all else fails chuck a heap of songs on an MP3 CD or a thumb drive  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Sadly, I can't. I'm at the other end of the trip :-(
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sadly, I can't. I'm at the other end of the trip :-(

Oh sorry that's a bummer.. Why not disconnect your battery for 30 minutes. I know it will mean resetting your clock and stuff  :undecided: (Fixes most thinks)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well, there's always the AM radio  :whistler:

There seems to be so many "i" connection problems, I don't think the technology has been thought up very well. Thank goodness USB's work better.  :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Sadly, couldn't disconnect my battery -- I don't know my radio code. But alas, I got back in it an hour later and it started working again, ha ha.

I ran into the battery problem again today when I was fitting new Crystal Vision bulbs and rather than bugging Hyundai, just started up the car, took out the battery completely, fitted the bulbs, put the battery back in -- My girlfriend was baffled at how the car ran without the battery being in there  :whistler:  :snigger:
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That procedure is NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL. You can fry the rectifier diodes in the alternator & goodness knows what other electronics. ECU's can be damaged by a simple voltage spike when jump starting a car. The battery is capable of absorbing spikes in normal use but if disconnected, where do the spikes go.  :disapp: :faint:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline REDNUT

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
That procedure is NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL. You can fry the rectifier diodes in the alternator & goodness knows what other electronics. ECU's can be damaged by a simple voltage spike when jump starting a car. The battery is capable of absorbing spikes in normal use but if disconnected, where do the spikes go.  :disapp: :faint:

It's only really dangerous if the positive / negative connections hit metal. Other than that, it's honestly fine.
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal