i30 Owners Club

Hello from Finland!

Zombie · 13 · 3854

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

• 1.6 CRDi (84.6 kW) Comfort, Finland
Hi there!

I've been reading this forum for a while and finally I got registered here.

My car is black 1.6 CRDI (115 hp) Comfort. Here we have three trim levels: Classic, Comfort and Style, Classic comes with the 1.4 petrol and 90 hp 1.6 CRDI, Comfort with the 1.6 petrol and 115 hp 1.6 CRDI and Style with the 2.0 petrol and 2.0 CRDI.

I've had this car for three months now and there's 6000 km on it.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hiya Zombie :) welcome aboard.

You've chosen a fine machine in a fine colour  :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Zombie..

Now for the important question ... are you pleased with your i30 (as a CRDi owner I would imagine you are)  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline axion

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      Lieto

• i30 CW 1.6 CRDi Steel Gray / Lieto, Finland

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Zombie

Same spec as mine

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
We have the walking dead amongst us now :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

Thank you guys!

I'm very pleased with my i30, there's only a minor brake issue that is waiting to be fixed (occasionally brakes don't release properly, similar problem to this https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,1206.0.html).

Yeah, now you have a walking dead around here :lol:. You'd never believe how scatterbrained I am...

Ja hauska törmätä toisiin suomalaisiin näin kansainvälisestikin! (a few words in finnish for other finns)

Offline axion

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      Lieto

occasionally brakes don't release properly
You've been writing about that in khcf.org? I just registered there... I think I'm having the same problem.

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

occasionally brakes don't release properly
You've been writing about that in khcf.org? I just registered there... I think I'm having the same problem.

Yes, that's me, although under another user name. If you make a complaint now, this shouldn't be an unheard problem to the importer any more.

Offline axion

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      Lieto

Do they know now what is causing it? Mine was in just before Christmas, now the dealer is closing (ME-auto Raisio) and service is moving to another dealer. They didn't find anything wrong with the car. At first, the mechanic checked the brakes on the test bench, no fault. Then he did a test drive, no fault. For a day after this the car was fine, brakes weren't sticking much. Then it came back. It's something to do with brake fluid pressure I think. After hard braking on the test bench, the car was ok for a while. If I pump the brake pedal hard few times, the brakes are fine for a while.
Try this: before you take off, use the brake pedal few times. Push hard. Do it also in places like waiting in traffic lights. Do the brakes release properly now? Mine does. Just hoping there is nothing wrong with the main cylinder.

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

Do they know now what is causing it? Mine was in just before Christmas, now the dealer is closing (ME-auto Raisio) and service is moving to another dealer. They didn't find anything wrong with the car. At first, the mechanic checked the brakes on the test bench, no fault. Then he did a test drive, no fault. For a day after this the car was fine, brakes weren't sticking much. Then it came back. It's something to do with brake fluid pressure I think. After hard braking on the test bench, the car was ok for a while. If I pump the brake pedal hard few times, the brakes are fine for a while.
Try this: before you take off, use the brake pedal few times. Push hard. Do it also in places like waiting in traffic lights. Do the brakes release properly now? Mine does. Just hoping there is nothing wrong with the main cylinder.

I think they don't know for sure what is causing the problem. When I complained about the problem they offered to change the brake fluids and then order 'new parts' if the fluid change doesn't help, which it didn't. They haven't tested the car in a bench or test driven it. I think that the worst jams have come after a long and constant braking (for example a long downhill before intersection). I've pumped the brake pedal but there is no long-lasting help of it, playing with the ABS may also help a bit. I've emailed to the dealer about the possibility of a some kind of misalignment discussed here: https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,1206.0.html

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal