i30 Owners Club

Oil and fuel Filter price

kayak · 32 · 14037

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, South Australia
Interesting thread.
The Hyundai dealer I get my 2009 SLX serviced at charged around $600 for the 60k service. I asked why it was so high, he said "that's the standard price for the 60k service". I quizzed him more, and all he could say was "it's because it's a diesel".
Also, my last service was the 75k. The idiots didn't even fill out the correct page in the service book. It was simply opened up to any page, and filled out. That really cheesed me off. If they don't care about getting this little thing right, what sort of attention to detail are they paying to the car. Also I noticed that the 'next service due at' sticker placed on the windscreen says 95k (rather than 90k)  :wacko:
Because of the above, and the talk in the thread that the 90k service will be expensive, I will be taking the car to an independent next time.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Interesting thread.
The Hyundai dealer I get my 2009 SLX serviced at charged around $600 for the 60k service. I asked why it was so high, he said "that's the standard price for the 60k service". I quizzed him more, and all he could say was "it's because it's a diesel".
Also, my last service was the 75k. The idiots didn't even fill out the correct page in the service book. It was simply opened up to any page, and filled out. That really cheesed me off. If they don't care about getting this little thing right, what sort of attention to detail are they paying to the car. Also I noticed that the 'next service due at' sticker placed on the windscreen says 95k (rather than 90k)  :wacko:
Because of the above, and the talk in the thread that the 90k service will be expensive, I will be taking the car to an independent next time.

I would voice these failures to the service dept manager too, I have managed to halve the cost of the service by providing my oil & filters. Although many here get independent's to service their cars, you can't get firmware updates except from Hy. If your car is not in need of theses updates, then by all means try an independent as long as they're professionally qualified.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal