i30 Owners Club

Window Tinting in Sydney

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all,

I've noticed there's a few posts about tinted windows on our i30s, but nothing too specific about where to get them done, or things to look out for when looking for places.

I've got a quote from Instant Windscreens & Tinting in Artatmon (they have a few other stores around the country, and also NZ), for $380 for 35% Darkest Legal Tinting.

Tried getting in touch with Hunters Hill Window Tinting with no luck. I've noticed that the dealership I bought my i30 from offers tinting. I've sent them an enquiry (and will call them tomorrow) to see if they can do me a good offer.

Any suggestions?
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 Premium GD

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Hi Lachlan85 :)

I had my i30 tinted back in 09 by Solar Tint (http://www.solartint.com.au/) for $220.00 - darkest not legal 20%  :-[
No issues with the tint and I have a 10 year warranty, I opted out of the lifetime warranty ($50 more).

• 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I used Tint A Car, Formula one,one of the darkest legal tints,going from memory around the $380- $400 mark,I have always picked tints for all our vehicles which cut out minimum of 95% UV rays(for interior protection)and ones that cut out minimum of 60 % heat.

If you want to make your vehicle look real cool,you can use LIMO Tint,but this CAN ONLY be applied to the rear side windows and the rear window,you have to get a different tint for the front windows,but LIMO Tint does not cut out a lot of the UV rays which damage your interior,neither does it cut a lot of the heat out.

The formula one I have is pretty dark at a distance,I think it would suit a black car well,not sure how well the window tint shows up on the pictures of Bruce and Cyril I have on here.

I know you can get mobile tinters in as well,I know of a good one over here,but don't know of any over that way,the mobile tinters are cheaper as well.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I used Tint A Car, Formula one,one of the darkest legal tints,going from memory around the $380- $400 mark
The formula one I have is pretty dark at a distance,I think it would suit a black car well,not sure how well the window tint shows up on the pictures of Bruce and Cyril I have on here.

I had my i30 tinted back in 09 by Solar Tint (http://www.solartint.com.au/) for $220.00 - darkest not legal 20%  :-[
No issues with the tint and I have a 10 year warranty, I opted out of the lifetime warranty ($50 more).

Thanks guys, have just sent off a couple of enquiries so will be pitting prices against them and see how we go!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Lachlan,there is a lot to consider,don't just go on price,either cheap or expensive is not necessarily the best,happy shopping,pictures when it's done please  :)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
both of our i30s have darkest legal tint done by tint professor,brilliant job with a lifetime warranty on the tint and workmanship.  :goodjob2: :goodjob: :cool:  four years ago they did both cars for $260 each and it still looks like it did the day it was done.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Mine was done for $300 - great job too.
Not worth quibbling about fifty bucks though, so I reckon up to $350 should be around the mark.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I think I'm going to go with TintACar Rick, thanks for the recommendation. Will probably opt for the formula 1 too. Booking in for Friday if all goes will. Will post pics when done!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Lachlan,when you have it done,ask them to do a sunvisor strip on the windscreen,the tint a car mob I used were happy to throw it in,certainly better than flicking your visors up and down all the time to,I pulled out the receipts, both Bruce and Cyril where done for $320, who ever you get it off,Make sure you do not used the windows for at least 24 hours,I didn't use mine for weeks,hardly use them now either LOL

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Car is being tinted as we speak. I opened for the Bollé, which combines the dark colour of the Octane, with the UV Protection and Heat Rejection of the Formula 1. A little bit more expensive at $495 (they would have done either the formula 1 or octane for $395) but I figure it would be worth paying a little extra for the best of both worlds.

Rick, interesting to note that my GD premium already has a sun visor strip of tinting. I wonder if they've added this as standard across all GD variations?

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Car is being tinted as we speak. I opened for the Bollé, which combines the dark colour of the Octane, with the UV Protection and Heat Rejection of the Formula 1. A little bit more expensive at $495 (they would have done either the formula 1 or octane for $395) but I figure it would be worth paying a little extra for the best of both worlds.

Rick, interesting to note that my GD premium already has a sun visor strip of tinting. I wonder if they've added this as standard across all GD variations?

Come on admit it,your going for the Bolle for the free Bolle sunglasses. :rofl:  :cool:
Yes what you say is right but I don't actually think it is as dark as either the F 1 or Octane in the outdoors light.OMO but still looks good done

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Congratulations, it's a job you only have to get done once and you live with it every day.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Bolle' always reminds me of that joke ..

I would like to buy some deodorant ..

Would you like ball or aerosol?

Neither, I want it for under my arms  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Bolle' always reminds me of that joke ..

I would like to buy some deodorant ..

Would you like ball or aerosol?

Neither, I want it for under my arms  :whistler:

:rofl:

Like the blonde who walked into a pharmacy and asked for some "bottom deodorant."

"We don't sell bottom deodorant, I'm sorry," said the shop assistant.

"Yes you do," said the blonde, most indignantly. "I bought some here last week and I will go home and bring back the empty container to prove it."

An hour or so later she came back and thrust the deodorant container into the shop assistant's face.

"See, read these instructions! Twist top and push up bottom."   :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I forgot that one.. :snigger:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Lachlan,quick put up some photo's of the tint,so we all don't start on the Blonde jokes,I'm busting at the seems with em but I'll be good and not get off topic LOL

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hahaha, actually they offered me a discount if I didn't want the sunglasses, which I accepted. Picture will be coming shortly!

Offline Lachlan85

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Here we are! Let me know what you think!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Noice.isn't it funny how the angle yu look at the vehicle can chance the look of the tint,but yes very noice

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Very nice and worth its weight.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Noice.isn't it funny how the angle yu look at the vehicle can chance the look of the tint,but yes very noice

:whsaid: Geez a Musician with a really sexy i30 (I would be stocking up on brooms from the $2 shop)  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal