i30 Owners Club

Have you bought a full key for i30 from fobkeysbank (ebay)

Offline nellstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Hi Everyone
 I need an  extra key for my 2008  i30 and after doing some research  have found fobkeysbank on eBay  that  sell  both  manual (non remote keys with transponders)  and full 3 button remote keys(with chips and transponders). I'm hoping to  find someone that  has already  bought from  them   the 3 button remote key  and has successfully had it programmed to  their i30 here in Australia.
 i already  have a 3 button  remote(frequency  433mhz)  but the 3 button remote fobkeysbank is selling is frequency  434mhz so  can the 434mhz one can  be changed when it arrives?? or do  i have to  buy  an original 433mhz right from the beginning ??.... any  feedback  about  successful  programming or  frequency changing appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200871418800?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1239wt_944
  • 2008 Manual Diesel Hyundai i30 SX

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The 1 MHz difference isn't meaningful as the carrier frequency but you'd still want to check the specs. I built generic 433MHz kits (transmitter and receiver) for about $50 for fellow drivers on the AussieFrogs forum. If you can get the circuit specs I can verify your chances.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline nellstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
how do  i get  circuit specs for the key  Gonz?

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have you contacted old mate on ebay?

Being a locksmith and the seller, they should be in the best position to tell you if it will work. With the added bonus of being able to return it if they are wrong.

How do you tune the key anyway? I'm betting they have worked out a system that stops us doing it. On the Wife's old BA from memory you did something with the ignition and the hazard lights and something then programmed them yourself. Ahh the good old days....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

ouri30
Programming the key is the issue, or should that be the security chip in the key.  When we received our second remote key, we did not have the blank key with us, so it became a useless piece of junk, other than it would unlock doors and set the car alarm off.  In other words, when a new key is acquired, all keys need to be linked and programmed along with the security system on the car.

Now, months later,,one of the remote keys failed.  Not the remote itself, but the chip in it.  As a result it would not start the car.  The motor would turn over, but the car would not start.  A replacement chip was ordered and placed in the existing remote.  At this point, we took all three keys in to the dealer and they were all reprogrammed along with the non-remote key and of course the cars ignition chip.

I would say that a way would need to be found to have all keys and the security chip in the ignition reprogrammed at the same time.  If a locksmith has this sort of equipment and knowledge, than great, but I think you may find it's a job for the dealer.

Now, someone with electronic knowledge may want to refute what I am implying from my experience, but that is the way I saw the experience first hand.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The kits I built used an 8-bit tristate solder link arrangement in the fob transmitter with automatic first-time code recognition initilisation in the receiver. All is revealed by identifying the circuit details. If someone has one no longer of interest, pull it open and post some images.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline nellstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Hi Everyone
   just  an update , i'm in Australia and i bought a remote and non  remote key  both  cut in the UK from Fob key bank   for under $70 and just  got them  programmed and they  work  perfectly, if anyones looking for a cheaper option  for a spare remote and  key cutting Fob key bank item on ebay  is 100% working with  my  2008 i30.  all  you  need to  do  is get it programmed , i know that  phil gilbert  in croydon  only  charged me $66 for both  keys! :happydance:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hyundai-3-Button-Complete-Remote-Key-434MHz-i30-/200871418800?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item2ec4de9bb0

its marked 434mhz but the key  received  had the 433mhz on the back and they  are the same as my  original  remote key.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal