i30 Owners Club

Annoying buzzing noise from top of dash area?

jbh500 · 10 · 3630

Offline jbh500

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      East Yorkshire
Hi, my i30 CW 1.6 CRDi is now 2 and a half years old but has only covered 10,000 miles. In the last couple of months it has developed an annoying buzzing sound that seems to come from the top of the dash towards the windscreen when the car travels on uneven surfaces that cause vibrations to go through the car. At first it was only very occasional but now it happens more often. It is spoiling what is otherwise an excellent quiet car! Has anyone had any experience of anything like this? Had a trawl through previous posts but couldn't find anything that sounded like the same problem! Thanks in advance for any replies!
  • 2010 1.6 CRDi CW Metallic Black

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Strange as it may sound, try pushing on the rear view mirror...... :undecided:

I had a similar buzzing sound which I swore was coming from the dash.
My dealer tried to fix it but was unable to so they eventually replaced the mirror under warranty..... :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Does it come from the area by the fuel filter, passenger side on RHD.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Strange as it may sound, try pushing on the rear view mirror...... :undecided:

I had a similar buzzing sound which I swore was coming from the dash.
My dealer tried to fix it but was unable to so they eventually replaced the mirror under warranty..... :goodjob:

:whsaid:

I have something like that, putting an finger on the rear view mirror makes it stop. As mine is no longer under warranty, I still have the sound, as I don't even dear to ask what a new mirror will cost me... :eek:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline jbh500

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      East Yorkshire
Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in updating on this issue! The reason for the delay is that the noise has gone away all by itself! I have been waiting to test the suggestions from other members but the noise has gone. I can only put this down to the temperature - it has finally warmed up in the UK and the noise has gone as the temperature has risen outside. It may be that the plastics are more pliable and less hard / brittle in these warmer temperatures and less likely to buzz / vibrate / rattle. I don't know but I am pleased that the car is nice and quiet again! For the time being at least ....... !
  • 2010 1.6 CRDi CW Metallic Black

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
the noise has gone. I can only put this down to the temperature - it has finally warmed up in the UK and the noise has gone as the temperature has risen outside.

So, are you know using the sunglasses :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in updating on this issue! The reason for the delay is that the noise has gone away all by itself! I have been waiting to test the suggestions from other members but the noise has gone. I can only put this down to the temperature - it has finally warmed up in the UK and the noise has gone as the temperature has risen outside. It may be that the plastics are more pliable and less hard / brittle in these warmer temperatures and less likely to buzz / vibrate / rattle. I don't know but I am pleased that the car is nice and quiet again! For the time being at least ....... !

I had that happen when I drove up to Cairns (Queensland) and beyond. Got back to Victoria and the buzz returned...
I put it down to the warmer weather too....  :undecided:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I had that happen when I drove up to Cairns (Queensland) and beyond. Got back to Victoria and the buzz returned...
I put it down to the warmer weather too....  :undecided:

Nah, Just Victoria, Rusty.   :whistler::happydance:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You're right, Phil...I do get a buzz out of living in Victoria....  :D

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :mrgreen: :rofl:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal