i30 Owners Club

Spaghetti trees, volcanoes and flying penguins: Five classic April Fools' pranks

eye30 · 4 · 1259

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
BMW ran a full page newspaper ad a few years ago, lauding a special new parking capability added to the Mine wich allowed it to park vertically against a wall. It was called VPL. Verttical Parking Locator.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/af_database/permalink/vertical_parking_locator
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
And one of the best I've ever seen was the story run in one of those "freebie" weekly suburban newspapers back when there was MASSIVE controversy over the location of a second airport for Sydney.
The fact that the paper was dated April 1st, but delivered all week meant most households received it on a day NOT April 1, therefore most readers weren't thinking jokes when they read the full front page story with extra details inside the paper.

It announced that Richmond Air Force base just out of Sydney to the NW would close and be converted to a commercial airport.

Absolutely great story, carefully thought out and documented, right down to the last line which read something like, "for further details, please see the date on the top of this page".
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not a big fan of April Fools day but some good ones there  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal