i30 Owners Club

Clunky drivers floor

Offline spillmill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi, I'm no heavy weight but when I got out of the car the other day there was an almighty "clunk" where my left foor put weight into the drivers side floor.  It sounded like something shifting into place!

Since then it seems a bit creaky sometimes and I'm worried my foot's going to go through the floor!  Well, maybe not, but it definitely put me off the first time cause it was so loud.  Anyway, I had a look under the carpet mats (NOT screwed down!) and there seems to be a conduit running from seat toward dash close to the centre console.  Anyone know what that is and anyone had weird experiences with the floor in the drivers side???  :question:

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
The clunk you probably heard is the seat getting in place. The seats can go forward or backwards and they keep in place with some kind of click system. I hope you understand  :wink:

And about the creaky noise, I have it to sometimes at the passenger seat. But then dissapeared again ...

Don't worrie, I don't think you have the strength to put your foot through the floor! :razz:

Offline spillmill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Don't worrie, I don't think you have the strength to put your foot through the floor! :razz:

Heh heh, I certainly hope not!

But I'm almost certain the noise was under the floor not the seat adjustment because I haven't adjusted it since I was about to drive away from the dealer!

Anyone noticed the plasticy thing running under the drivers carpet?  I'll have another look soon..

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Post a pic, that would be helpfull ;)

I think the plastic under your seat would be the heat blower for the rear passengers ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal