i30 Owners Club

Hyundai 1 tonne ute

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
be nice,as long as it didn't resemble any of the others out there,they would have to think well outside of the box in it's design to win me over,something totally different,powerfull but economical
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

It would be "fluidic."  :D
  • Tertius the i30

ouri30
I'm wanting to buy a tow vehicle in the next three to four years as a tow vehicle.  Would definitely consider another player in the market, especially one with a 5 year warranty.  So far the one that appeals to me is the VW Amarock auto.  The Hilux is old technology and lacks safety features.  Others interest me but I like something a little out there, on the edge.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I'm wanting to buy a tow vehicle in the next three to four years as a tow vehicle.  Would definitely consider another player in the market, especially one with a 5 year warranty.  So far the one that appeals to me is the VW Amarock auto.  The Hilux is old technology and lacks safety features.  Others interest me but I like something a little out there, on the edge.

I tend to agree with your thinking. What scares me with VW is the parts & servicing costs.
I haven't personally looked at one, but a friend of mine who is in the market said that the recent new Ford Ranger is the duck's nuts.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I haven't personally looked at one, but a friend of mine who is in the market said that the recent new Ford Ranger is the duck's nuts.

From what I understand the Ford Ranger is basically a rebadged Mazda BT50. The Diesel Ranger drives really well. When I was managing the tile shop I had a Ford Courier Diesel Dual cab as the Manager's vehicle (a piece of crap) They bought a Diesel Ranger for general deliveries and that was a light years better vehicle. Much better built and heaps of grunt :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

From what I understand the Ford Ranger is basically a rebadged Mazda BT50. The Diesel Ranger drives really well. When I was managing the tile shop I had a Ford Courier Diesel Dual cab as the Manager's vehicle (a piece of crap) They bought a Diesel Ranger for general deliveries and that was a light years better vehicle. Much better built and heaps of grunt :goodjob:

How long ago Dazz?
I spoke to a guy who bought a new Ranger (superseded model) and he himself said it was a big mistake and he should have waited for the new model which gets good reviews.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It must be four years ago now (So I guess the new ones must be even better) It had just come out when they got it and was the current shape ... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Got two friends with Ford Rangers about 2 years old and they love them.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

ouri30
The Mazda BT-50 and Ford are the same platform with different bodies and slightly different vehicle setups.  Reviewers tend to favour the Ford.  They are made in Thailand.

The Amarok, which I took for a brief test drive, is a great vehicle to drive, almost car-like.  With the auto (8 speed), there is no low range, but 1 and 2 are in effect 3 and 4 low. 

I figure in 2 or 3 years there will be a clearer picture of any issues with the Amarok.  Australian Amaroks are manufactured in Argentina by the way.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
funny your all talking about these new utes,at work we have three new utes decorating the car park of a day time,all my most hated colour in this world for a motor vehicle,silver,anyhow back to the story,a ford ranger,the new BT50 and yes a great wall,now in my opinion,if you where to park them side by side,take the badges off them and then look them all in the headlights,you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart,some cosmetic differences,each respective owner raves about their own vehicle,so again I truly hope Hy thinks well out of the box and gives us something totally different,something that when you look at it, it like all the others doesn't just get lost in the crowd,Oh and the Ford was the most expensive,so Pete aint going to admit he bought a crap ute,now Greg that bought the Great Wall,he is grinning from ear to ear,he has been looking for months and compared the others,he said it was a no brainer at which one and why he picked it.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal