i30 Owners Club

Continental conticomfort 5 - buy 3 get 4

i30CRDI · 35 · 12379

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Hi Guys,

For Oz members I see that Jax tyres have a special on the Continental conticomfort 5 tyres (205/55 16) so price comes down to (3 x$150) or $112 each for 4 fitted and balanced.

Offer good till end of April.

Seems like a good deal? http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au//great-deals/continental-buy-3-and-get-4th-free-offer

Cheers
Mark

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
That would be right, something like this comes up AFTER I've bought my tyres....  :head_butt:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
A good deal & thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately not in W.A.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Or S.A. I need 2 for Lila.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day all,

This offer is on again with any ContiMaxContact™ MC5 or ContiComfortContact™ 5 tyres, http://www.continentalpromotions.com.au/

Jax has the 195/65/15 ccc5 for $131 (the 205 is $110  :blubber:) The 205/50/16 is $152 from memory.

Bob Jane also has the same offer, but their prices remain hidden from public view...

Anyone had the ccc5? How do they roll? are they durable?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Seems like a great deal Beerman  :goodjob: :thanks:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Anyone had the ccc5? How do they roll? are they durable?

I'm running them.... :goodjob:

Very happy so far but have no idea how durable they are as I've only done 12,000 - 13,000k on them.

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
From my experience in the past, it's very deceiving when tyre fitters do this.  Most places quote a price which includes fitting and balancing. Deals like this are false because it only refers to the price of the tyres and then they add a fee for fitting and balancing.... which ends up being... well not such a great deal and sometimes more expensive.

Tread (pun intended) carefully.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That's why you get an all in price including wheel alignment  :D In any event, if the fitting price was too expensive I would throw the 4th in the boot and take it to my mechanic and get him to do it.....

Rang Bob Jane today and they were $129 ea with a $45 wheel alignment....Always pays to shop around.....

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Phil, it does exist in SA and not just at Bob Jane. The Continental distributor in SA is at 2 Jones St Nailsworth and has the same deal going, ex-Army Transport Corps Vietnam Vet running a family business, name is Frank, maybe a mate of Rick's. ;)
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

I would suggest downloading this as it lists participating dealers and they ARE available in SA & WA.....  :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Don't need any now. :Pout:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I would suggest downloading this as it lists participating dealers and they ARE available in SA & WA.....  :whistler:

You've quoted an old post which doesn't relate to the current offer.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Not sure what you're looking at, Dave... :eek:

It says Continental Tyres 4 for 3 Promotion
November 1 - 30, 2013.....

http://www.continentalpromotions.com.au/stores.html

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The link is current though.....

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
From my experience in the past, it's very deceiving when tyre fitters do this.  Most places quote a price which includes fitting and balancing. Deals like this are false because it only refers to the price of the tyres and then they add a fee for fitting and balancing.... which ends up being... well not such a great deal and sometimes more expensive.

Tread (pun intended) carefully.
pidim, that's not quite right.
Australia's laws prevent that happening - although the occasional small independent might try it on.
The chains are closely watched by the PJT and Trades Practices people.
They'll even go into stores and take all the invoices for the last three months, calculating the cost to the customer before the advertised special and during it to make sure the offer is genuine.
To put it simply, if the store doesn't charge for fitting and balancing separately normally, they can't do it during a special offer.

The fines for both the company and individuals are horrendous.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@ Surferdude just sharing from my own experience.  Goodyear tend to run this promo every year and are known for charging extra for fitting and balance, which ends up not being a good deal. Usually around April/May each year. Happened to me in 2012 and there were some posts on other sites with some people complaining about this - they even charge fitting and balancing on the 4th "free" tyre. My point was that these offers need to be checked carefully. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 00:14:55 by pidim »

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
@ Surferdude just sharing from my own experience.  Goodyear tend to run this promo every year and are known for charging extra for fitting and balance, which ends up not being a good deal. Usually around April/May each year. Happened to me in 2012 and there were some posts on other sites with some people complaining about this - they even charge fitting and balancing on the 4th "free" tyre. My point was that these offers need to be checked carefully.
@pidim, my particular experience is with Goodyear and I can tell you that not only does Goodyear police the offer heavily with their franchisees, but as I said above, so does the Trades Practices Commision.
Yes, in fact, the terms and conditions provide for fitting and balancing to be charged, including on the free tyre, but that is just how the invoicing is priced out.
If you go in and check the price of the tyre normally it HAS to be exactly one third of the total price of the four tyres.
If you have any evidence of fraudulent or misleading practice, you should record a complaint with Goodyear Head Office. If you don't get satisfaction there, you should definitely take it up with the Dept of Fair Trading in your state.
Any practice such as you are talking about needs to be clarified as it reflects badly on the whole company.

A little bit of history here for all readers.
The 4/4/3 offer was created by Goodyear, probably about 10 years or so ago now. I was part of the original marketing team which created it. So I have intimate knowledge of the planning and dealer education which went into its introduction.
It created massive unrest in the tyre industry because it was such a keen deal. Other chains and independent dealers complained bitterly because in order to get anywhere near it they had to dig deeply into their already low (industry wide) profit margins.
The offer was jointly funded by Goodyear and the franchisee on a 50:50 basis against the cost of the extra tyre.
It had the joint benefit of stealing a march on others in the industry in the lead up to the busy Christmas period and introducing a whole new list of potential customers to the Goodyear franchise group.
Since then it has been emulated by pretty much every other chain including Bob Jane, Beaurepaires and Tyrepower in various guises. Sometimes they say 25% 0ff the total cost of 4 tyres which is the same thing. And KMart T&A just have a policy of "beating" every price regardless.
In the early days a couple of Sydney independent dealers tried to offer the same deal but with all sorts of provisos and add-ons. One was quite blatantly misleading and as I had already developed a relationship with the TPC in vetting the Goodyear offer, a word to them soon put that right.

In summary, the offer is intended to be genuine and there are many repeat customes who wait for it to appear each year to re-shoe one or other cars in their family.

Please, if you have evidence to the contrary, take it to Goodyear HO.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Got a quote from Bob Jane and the 4th tyre was completely free. Even if it wasn't and I had to pay $15 for fitting(after all it says the tyre is free it is silent on the fitting so you could certainly argue that you pay for fitting) it is still vastly superior to the $129 I was quoted for the tyre.

So best quote is $436 4 cc5 fitted balanced and wheel alignment.

It has been extended until December 14 (at least at Bob Jane) so I will get it done in the last week and put another 2k on these tyres.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Got a quote from Bob Jane and the 4th tyre was completely free. Even if it wasn't and I had to pay $15 for fitting(after all it says the tyre is free it is silent on the fitting so you could certainly argue that you pay for fitting) it is still vastly superior to the $129 I was quoted for the tyre.

So best quote is $436 4 cc5 fitted balanced and wheel alignment.

It has been extended until December 14 (at least at Bob Jane) so I will get it done in the last week and put another 2k on these tyres.
Good deal beerman.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Can't believe that another Bob Jane wanted to charge $20 more per tyre....I would have thought the prices would be fairly standard across the franchises.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Can't believe that another Bob Jane wanted to charge $20 more per tyre....I would have thought the prices would be fairly standard across the franchises.
Depends where they are. The local market dictates the prices they can sell for.
For instance, generally speaking, noticeably cheaper prices in Beenleigh to, say, Southport.
But other things have an effect sometimes too. Like how good a salesperson you're dealing with. Or how poor.  :p

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Depends where they are. The local market dictates the prices they can sell for.
For instance, generally speaking, noticeably cheaper prices in Beenleigh to, say, Southport.
But other things have an effect sometimes too. Like how good a salesperson you're dealing with. Or how poor.  :p

This was just ringing to inquire, and funnily enough, were comparing Springwood with Southport, and Southport won.

I might make a few more calls, see how I go...

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@ Surferdude - I like complaining by buying a competitor's product. The tyre industry isn't exactly a monopoly.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I do like to check these offers by pricing against competitors with a "whole" price. Often using the example of a tyre if the real retail price of the tyre is $90 but you have to pay the full retail price of $120 to get the "free" tyre you are really falling for marketing spin.... In my pricing example with the same offer, I would have paid for half a tyre ($60) had I not rung around. If Continental were doing 50/50 for the free tyre, then that particular Bob Jane has just had me pay their half  :Shocked:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
See there is a benefit of 19" tyres.. just think how much I will save when I need new Tyres  :rofl:

You guys will only save maybe $150 (I will save up to $400)  :goodjob: :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Yes, but  :exclaim: :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal