i30 Owners Club

windshield cleaning reservoir leaking

Guest · 17 · 8701

GLClassic
When I got to my car after work I noticed a puddle of fluid under the car, just in front of the right front wheel. It smells like windshield cleaning fluid.
At home I removed the plastic protection trim under the car, and indeed I felt cleaning fluid leaking at the top of the reservoir, the place where the rubber tubes are linked tot the pump.
Is there someone who knows how to remove the windshield cleaner container? It would be very handy for me to know, and try to fix this problem myself.

Thanks  :wink:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
May be the plastic has split due to changes in temp so, as I presume, still in warranty let the dealer fix.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Why would ya wanna do it yourself ??????   !!!!!!   :mrgreen:

GLClassic
May be the plastic has split due to changes in temp so, as I presume, still in warranty let the dealer fix.

Because I didn't buy the car at a Hyundai dealer, but at a 'carsupermarket', I only had 2 years warranty for the car (hence the cheaper price I had to pay). This means that the reparation can not be done in warranty-period (the car is 3,5 years old now). I know now that I'm never going to buy another car at this auto-supermarket...

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Because I didn't buy the car at a Hyundai dealer, but at a 'carsupermarket', I only had 2 years warranty for the car (hence the cheaper price I had to pay). This means that the reparation can not be done in warranty-period (the car is 3,5 years old now). I know now that I'm never going to buy another car at this auto-supermarket...

Oh, I thought that the 5 year  warranty was fully transferable  <sigh>...   sorry to hear that then  :blubber: :blubber:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I had to replace the windscreen washer pump after one of the plastic thingies broke in the hose after hitting a small kangaroo.  I went in through the wheel arch.  If I remember correctly it wasn't that hard.  Check the pump first, as this is the easy thing to remove and replace (and where the hoses attach, which is where you said the leak is occurring).  There are no screws or bolts involved.  There are some plastic clips (for the electrical connections), but it is very hard to get it wrong.

As Asa said, I thought that the 5 year warranty was fully transferrable?  Check with your local Hyundai and confirm that you can transfer it or not.

GLClassic
I had to replace the windscreen washer pump after one of the plastic thingies broke in the hose after hitting a small kangaroo.  I went in through the wheel arch.  If I remember correctly it wasn't that hard.  Check the pump first, as this is the easy thing to remove and replace (and where the hoses attach, which is where you said the leak is occurring).  There are no screws or bolts involved.  There are some plastic clips (for the electrical connections), but it is very hard to get it wrong.

As Asa said, I thought that the 5 year warranty was fully transferrable?  Check with your local Hyundai and confirm that you can transfer it or not.

Thanks.
This car supermarket buys overstock cars in other countries, and they can sell it cheaper because of the lesser warranty. So my car war actually built to be sold in Germany, but ended up in Belgium. I had a problem with my right rear window mechanism, when the car was just 3 years old. At the dealer they were not able to fix this under warranty, because the car only had 2 year's warranty... Probably something to do with the contract that the seller made for giving 2 year's warranty.. I don't really know how this works..

ouri30
Can confirm that you need to remove front wheel and wheel well liner.  You mat get away with just removing the fixings for the front half and peeling the liner back.  I removed the bottle to clean out algae deposits tat had accumulated at the pump filter.

nulda

ouri30
Have you some photos from removing reservoir?

No, didn't take any photos - should have done so i guess.  Did a bit of swearing as some of the bolts were rather difficult to get seated in position when putting it all back together.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
It's quite straightforward for anyone with moderate skills & logic, I did the clean out job on my daughters Coupe a couple of weeks ago. Jack it up, secure it on axle stand, remove the roadwheel and the plastic liner and access to the washer bottle is quite straight forward.
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yeah, but you've got all the right equipment.  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Yeah, but you've got all the right equipment.  :D

And not by accident either Phil lol! Worth every penny and paid back already, I meant in principle it's quite easy once you have access, fixing a leaky washer bottle might be a bit more challenging.

nulda
I want install sensor of fluid level, so I am finding photos if connector is present or not.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Simpler to just top it up with a pre-mix every weekend when you check the oil I would have thought, but I know that's just me.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I want install sensor of fluid level, so I am finding photos if connector is present or not.

do you use it alot?

when mine needs top up i found that the water being dispensed was more frothy and spray poor.

topped up and normal spray resumed.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

nulda
I bought this sensor from www.koraps.com for 15 USD with post. I like these features :-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal