i30 Owners Club

String Them Up

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I am totally against the death penalty, even in this case (particularly in this case).  This would make the perpetrators of this crime martyrs, which is what they want.  Throw them in prison, throw away the key, find out why they did it and what we can do to stop it happening again.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I didn't say kill them.
Just string them up.
Then forget about them.  :fum:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Reassuring to see the Islamic Council denouncing the actions of these terrorists.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yes, that is good to see.
I do believe in the death penalty for terrorists and if they want to call themselves martyrs when they're dead, they can go for it and call themselves whatever they like.
Dead or alive, they're below scum in my opinion.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I also oppose the death penalty - because there is a better way.

They should make amends and serve society by being used for medical experiments for the rest of their lives in lieu of innocent monkeys and other animals.

Drug trials and experimental surgery would benefit with massive reductions in development times and many lives could be saved.

(And Paddy - the surgeon - would be able to perfect the Hemorrhoid transplant)
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Reassuring to see the Islamic Council denouncing the actions of these terrorists.

The Islamic's might just as well talk to a wall, like some other "religious" people do, for all the good it will do.

Denouncing the actions of people, but physically doing nothing about it, is the same as tacit approval. Their "so called" religion is responsible for the terror, so Islamic's should be responsible for eliminating it.

These murderers cannot even been called "Islamic fundamentalists" IMO as they have no concience at all, no regard for human life and kill, for the enjoyment of it.

Western society needs to change the rules if they want to get on top of this problem, not play their game.

My 2 cents. :TutTut:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Totally and 100% agree with you Phil. If Islam controlled its own loose cannon lunatics there would be no need for Western armed forces intervention and no religious conflict on our streets.
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
There are some clashes between immigrants and police in Stockholm now - this is an aftermath of toleration policy. The whole Europe seems to be flooded with immigrants, this is especially evident in such cities as Hamburg and Frankfurt.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I just have no words,other than the world is going crazy
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
A terrible incident, the female police officer did well, I wonder if she 'shot to kill' or 'shot to stop.' .  Good work getting them though.  I am not sure of the London Metropolitan Police firearm policy, it may be 'shoot to stop.'  But I can tell you in the Police Force I was in for 35 years, NSW - Australia, if it was serious enough to draw your pistol and discharge it, it made no difference legally if you shot the suspect dead.  A wounded armed assailant can still fire at you or stab you or a member of the public.

Home grown radicals?  :Shocked:

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the deceased soldier.
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I'm with you Lester,if you deem it serious enough to draw your weapon because they refuse to drop theirs and still making threats,save the tax payers a lot of money and shoot to end it.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
The Tasmanian cops are trained like the NSW (and I believe QLD) police.  If you need to draw your weapon, then you are in serious danger, you shoot for the largest body mass (ie. the torso).  If they die, they die.  Don't aim for a limb.

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
If we want to stop this kind of attack on 'us', we could decide to stop invading 'them' and we could decide to stop automatically supporting Israel.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
The Tasmanian cops are trained like the NSW (and I believe QLD) police.  If you need to draw your weapon, then you are in serious danger, you shoot for the largest body mass (ie. the torso).  If they die, they die.  Don't aim for a limb.

Exactly.
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :wts: I'm trained to go for the body mass and under the stress generated by such situations, I won't be splitting hairs.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

W.A. Police - it's shoot to kill.
Biggest body mass, at least double tap.
No such thing as shoot to stop in the real world.
  • Tertius the i30

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Good to hear Dave. :goodjob:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Good to hear Dave. :goodjob:

It's a last resort.
Police (in W.A.) have several non-lethal options before it gets to that point, including verbal negotiation, baton, pepper spray and Taser.
Therefore, if they make the decision to draw a firearm, it is certainly not as a warning device.
In a situation where an offender is at close range, or is advancing towards police or other civilians, and is in possession of a weapon or weapons such as these lowlifes were, then the police are completely within their rights to protect themselves and others and shoot to kill.
She did a good job. Pity the bastards are still alive.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm glad they didn't kill them as I reckon they hung around and charged at the cops so they were killed (to become martyrs) :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

But now they're stealing oxygen.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: db08

And hospital food, and life support resources.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Back to my original argument,sadly the Johny hopper could have saved the English tax payers a lot of money if their shots had strayed a little higher,many of the news reports I have seen,where they have interviews Islamic persons,they are all just as shocked and horrified as the rest of us,I doubt whether these PPL would have been classed as Martyrs

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Back to my original argument,sadly the Johny hopper could have saved the English tax payers a lot of money if their shots had strayed a little higher,many of the news reports I have seen,where they have interviews Islamic persons,they are all just as shocked and horrified as the rest of us,I doubt whether these PPL would have been classed as Martyrs

Unfortunately to some other extremists, they would be considered martyrs, even if normal, sane people consider these extremists nothing more than severely misguided. 

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Unfortunately to some other extremists, they would be considered martyrs, even if normal, sane people consider these extremists nothing more than severely misguided.

I don't think that our decisions should be based upon what they want or might do.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Nor should we lower ourselves to their standards.  They were stating in their reasons for the killings as, "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

I do think, however, if the police were in fear of theirs (or those it is their duty to protect - do you like that saying, Gonz) lives, then shoot to kill.  Never, ever, shoot to wound.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal