i30 Owners Club

The wife has a new car!

demuire · 17 · 3256

Offline demuire

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Hi, so the wife has a new car - a brand new 2013 GD i30 Elite, auto petrol!  She has had it a week, and so far is loving it, although it had to go back for its first warranty claim yesterday, the sat nav stopped working :(. They reloaded the software and it works again now.

Also need to get the bumper replaced as it was damaged before she got it, but the dealer has agreed to replace it in the first service.

Anyway, hi! :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome demuire ... Hope they gave you an extra good deal seeing it was slightly damaged!  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline demuire

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Welcome demuire ... Hope they gave you an extra good deal seeing it was slightly damaged!  :winker:

Well, we got a good deal, but that didn't include the car being damaged :(  We only discovered it was damaged when we went to pick it up, it had been transported from a different dealership so Hyundai wouldn't take responsibility (it didn't come from the depot), the other dealership wouldn't take responsibility (it was transported on a truck), and the truck company wouldn't take responsibility (the truck company is not liable for any damage).  So the dealership we bought it from is picking up the bill, even though we pretty much picked it straight off the truck, more or less.  Good on them for picking up the bill though, I've heard lots of stories of dealerships not caring about things like this and not being helpful at all.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Disappointing, but at least a bumper is only plastic! Better that being repaired than a door skin.

Just make sure you inspect it on collection in a good light (and not when raining)

Look carefully to ensure the colour match is spot on, as any variation will usually get more obvious as time goes on... :cool:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

Chevpck paint matches when bumper replaced
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.  :goodjob:
Good to hear your dealership is doing the right thing too.
We name and shame so always happy to name and praise.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
demuire welcome and congrats on the new car,I am stunned that the transporter can not be held responsible,as they have to do written reports on all cars they transport,to cover themsleves for just this thing,you have to be so careful when transporting cars,thats why I don't do it any more to much paperwork and a heck of a lot of responsibilty,someones insurance will cover it.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
demuire welcome and congrats on the new car,I am stunned that the transporter can not be held responsible,as they have to do written reports on all cars they transport,to cover themsleves for just this thing,you have to be so careful when transporting cars,thats why I don't do it any more to much paperwork and a heck of a lot of responsibilty,someones insurance will cover it.

I had one of my collectibles transported recently, by one tow truck from my place to another and then to a third place and then by another tow truck from that place to a fourth place.
My immaculate car sustained damage to the rear bumper and the fuel tank (obviously caused by a tow truck which is interesting in itself as both said they used a flat top truck) and, you guessed it, neither would accept liability so I now have a $1000 + repair bill.
Just cowboys IMO.
It cost me $10,000 for body restorations on that car but all they want is their $120 and they don't give a stuff.  :fum:
I don't know which one caused the damage but the result is I'll never use either of them ever again.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:disapp:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

I had one of my collectibles transported recently, by one tow truck from my place to another and then to a third place and then by another tow truck from that place to a fourth place.
My immaculate car sustained damage to the rear bumper and the fuel tank (obviously caused by a tow truck which is interesting in itself as both said they used a flat top truck) and, you guessed it, neither would accept liability so I now have a $1000 + repair bill.
Just cowboys IMO.
It cost me $10,000 for body restorations on that car but all they want is their $120 and they don't give a stuff.  :fum:
I don't know which one caused the damage but the result is I'll never use either of them ever again.

I do not class towies and tilt tray drivers as car transporters,like you say they are simply cowboys out for a quick buck,when I damaged Cyril,the insurance said they would send a tow truck,I simply said no you won't,then they said Oh! We will make sure it is a tilttray,again I just said no you won't,I will transport it my self and you can pay me what a tilttray will charge you from Perth to Beverley back to Perth,I actually made money out of that trip,like you one I dropped it at the assessors yard,a towie took it to the repairers and yes you guessed it scratches all over the back where they clipped the light bar on it,like you they told me it wasn't their problem,but luckily the repairer once I pointed it out was able to sort it out in the price of the repairs
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline demuire

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Db08: I'll name and praise when the deed is done. As it stands its just a verbal agreement :)

Rick: that's what I was told by the salesperson (who is a friend of a friend). How accurate it is, I don't know.  The damage is not huge, so is not noticeable on a casual glance, but once you know it's there you see it all the time. It's basically a thumbnail sized scuff to the black plastic grille just above the number plate.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :wttc:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline demuire

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Promises were stood by, damaged grille was fixed - thank you, Moorooka Hyundai! 

As expected, both the dealership where the car came from up the coast and the transport company that brought the car down didn't want to know about it so Moorooka Hyundai took care of it all, and replaced it at the 1500km service.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well done to that dealer.  :goodjob2:

Perhaps Interphase might have more success there too. (Yes, I know he's in UK) :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal