i30 Owners Club

The second test...

asathorny · 61 · 10193

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Does anyone have a solution to delay streamed radio audio, to match the TV, without using an external radio input. I have software called "radiodelay", but it can't see the streamed audio.  :fum:

Phil you still there?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Here now :happydance:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Does anyone have a solution to delay streamed radio audio, to match the TV, without using an external radio input. I have software called "radiodelay", but it can't see the streamed audio.  :fum:

Phil you still there?

I don't know the answer but would like to really. I stream the test on my desktop PC via HDMI to a standard TV but listen to Test Match Special on BBC radio - the radio always comes through almost instantly but picture delayed by a about one delivery.

I could stream the radio through my laptop with a delay if there were some suitable software. :)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
There is, I mentioned it in my post. It's freeware called radiodelay. The only problem with it is, you have to source the radio from another radio using line in and I'm too lazy (too many wires), to do that. Because I stream the radio off the net, the software is effectively looking at itself and trying to apply a delay which doesn't work.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Ah, I see. I'm probably too lazy to do that as well.  :D

Though actually I have a spare DAB portable I could feed into my laptop. Hmmm. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:34:28 by diablo »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Give it a try, then you can follow our downfall in sync with the TV, although I must admit, I only looked at the TV after the radio told me what I was about to see. I didn't like a lot of it.  :fum:

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
You would like it even less today.   :(
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :sicky:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
like I said once before talentless mob we have if they worried more about playing their chosen game instead of their ego's and picking fights in pubs,they may get somewhere,I say again,stop paying them the mega bucks,pay em on preformance,that would soon having them getting results.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's all Rudd's fault.. The Cricket, The Tennis, The Rugby, Ambrose having a bad year in Nascar  :fum:  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It's all Rudd's fault.. The Cricket, The Tennis, The Rugby, Ambrose having a bad year in Nascar  :fum:  :disapp:
Yeah. But he helped us win the State of Origin and  nothing else matters.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
like I said once before talentless mob we have if they worried more about playing their chosen game instead of their ego's and picking fights in pubs,they may get somewhere,I say again,stop paying them the mega bucks,pay em on preformance,that would soon having them getting results.

Geez Rick, anyone would think you didn't like cricket.... :lol:

You have to remember all teams go through this sort of thing when great players retire...Give our young blokes time and before too long we'll be back up there!

It wasn't so long ago that the poms couldn't win a game of marbles yet look at them now....  :lol:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Bring Thommo back, he's there in the stands. :mrgreen:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
So was Mark Waugh and a few others.... :)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Well it's about time us poms had a bit of a treat...  The yanks don't like us because of that little misunderstanding in Boston harbour...   The Ozzies don't like us ever since the Europe union thing...  Oh bugger it, no one likes.

So just a few little wins, Rugby, Tennis and Cricket, well 'we're worth it'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

All over now, after a terrific performance by the last pair.

The Aussie selectors need to tempt Shane Warne and a few others out of retirement. :)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
All over now, after a terrific performance by the last pair.

The Aussie selectors need to tempt Shane Warne and a few others out of retirement. :)

Nah, I think they have to fetch on the young talent, this may lead to a couple of lean years then we'll have some great events like this

I was glued to the tele back then, and

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well it's about time us poms had a bit of a treat...  The yanks don't like us because of that little misunderstanding in Boston harbour...   The Ozzies don't like us ever since the Europe union thing...  Oh bugger it, no one likes.

But not the golf. :happydance:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

But not the golf. :happydance:

hanging on to a slender reed,  I understand, cos we've had our share of that  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yeah. But he helped us win the State of Origin and  nothing else matters.

yeh Ingus was born & breed New South Welshman & plays for South Sydney but Rudd moved the state boarder to get him made a QLDer?
but your right QLD won fair & square
just thats not the grand final & broncos  n Cowboys have not won that for a while.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

what about the French?

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

what about the French?

French ???  !!!  Bit to subtle for me that.   French, white flag factory springs to mind :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

what about the French?

French ???  !!!  Bit to subtle for me that.   French, white flag factory springs to mind :Shocked: :Shocked:

LOL, i ment, you mentioned all the nations that don't like you & the reason why. but no mention of the French, or the tour de France that brit boy should win it.
& he never scratches his ball's or rub's his ball's when he looks at opposing batsmen
LOL

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

what about the French?

LOL, i ment, you mentioned all the nations that don't like you & the reason why. but no mention of the French, or the tour de France that brit boy should win it.
& he never scratches his ball's or rub's his ball's when he looks at opposing batsmen
LOL

Oh right...  Duuuhhhhh, proper senior moment there  :rofl:

The French, well, we all (Including Ozz) all pulled um out of the shite, so they didn't  have to learn German.  And now they ponse about...   Oh just a mo, have I got any French rellies, no don't think so.    Yep the Froggie hate us, everyone hates us.

We don't care tho  :mrgreen: :rofl: :mrgreen: :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
What about the Northern Irish?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
What about the Northern Irish?  :undecided:

Well, what about them?    I think you may be confusing the Eire lot who are still pissed about the potatoe famine.  I had nowt to do with the potatoe famine, honest guv, it was like this when I got here.

The ornage and green mobs in Northern Ireland well, it's amazing to watch.   We see the living proof that terrorism actually works, brilliant  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

There is, I mentioned it in my post. It's freeware called radiodelay. The only problem with it is, you have to source the radio from another radio using line in and I'm too lazy (too many wires), to do that. Because I stream the radio off the net, the software is effectively looking at itself and trying to apply a delay which doesn't work.

I found a way of delaying streaming radio. :)  I put this link into the streaming media option in VLC Media Player -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5lsp_aaclca.pls

-  though any link would do I suppose if that doesn't work outside the UK -  then use the 'Track synchronisation' option under Tools to adjust the delay to anything which seems right. :)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
All I need now is some Cricket we can win, to make it all worthwhile.  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal