i30 Owners Club

Does anyone get there car serviced at a non hyundai garage?

wayne · 10 · 3404

Offline wayne

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Ascot

• 62 plate i30 style 1.6 crdi 128ps in steel grey.
Hey Hyundai brothers and sisters,  I just wondered if anyone gets there car serviced at a non hyundai garage?  what are the rules on this?  I know they have to use genuine parts and be v.a.t registered but are there any other rules?  Hyundai seems quite high with there prices, it only cost around £55 to buy the oil, filter and sump washer and £58 with brake fluid so a service shouldn't be much more than £120!  Some of the prices quoted for just for the extra "health checks" are crazy!!!    I'm seriously thinking of using my local garage which are a lot cheaper than the main dealer.  Do you guy's think it would make that much difference having main dealer history?  My local garage gives a full breakdown of all work done and stamps the service book.  I would be interested in your thoughts.   :goodjob2: :D   
  • i30 style (62 plate)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The best thing would be to check out the service book as it details what is required should you use a non hy approved garage, i.e details on invoice, parts etc.

Details are also on the hy uk web site.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline wayne

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Ascot

Ok will do thanks.  Do you have any thoughts on this?    :goodjob2:
  • i30 style (62 plate)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Personally i use the dealer while in warranty and out.

This way should there be a warranty claim hy uk can not use the get out if incorrect fluid, parts etc.
Or question competency of garage staff.

Also, previously when i've checked prices indies are not that much cheaper.
May save on labour but again this may not be much.

Plus hy dealer have uptodate software, check body and paint etc.

Once warranty expired i have still used hy dealer as i get prices and ask to match.

usually they will but if a few bob more i will use them due to their knowledge and i've found them good when i just call in to ask them to check something for me, usually foc.

Must say my dealer is really good on customer support and service,
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'm in Australia of course, but I use a non-Hyundai place but they (and I) are paranoid about using genuine parts and servicing by the book.
My GD diesel had its 30,000 km service yesterday and it cost more than usual at $328 but that included a brake fluid change and new fuel filter. I supply my own oil.
They said that Hyundai changed the detail of each service requirement when they introduced capped price servicing, to move most of the more expensive requirements to later in the service schedule to be done after the capped price servicing had finished.
But where I go still works off the original Hyundai recommendations that they said had to be adhered to, before they were paying for it.
Sneaky buggers.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You got me thinkin', Dave so I downloaded the servicing schedules to have a look see.....

Got distracted though when I noticed that fuel filters on the i30 CRDi are be changed every 30,000k yet with the Accent CRDi, it's every 60,000k......

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the very same engine in both these vehicles?  :undecided:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Yes, it is and it makes you wonder.
I questioned it yesterday and I went ahead and had it done.
My service centre said that many car manufacturers of new cars are recommending changing every 20,000 kms.
The fuel filter cost me $38.27.
At least I know that my servicing is completely up to date as I intend to keep this car long-term.
But I would be interested to know if what they said is true, that Hyundai changed the rules once they advertised that they would pay for early servicing.
Would be good to know.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Didn't they start the fixed price servicing with the FD? They didn't change anything then.....

What have they actually changed? minor at 15, major at 30,  (from memory brake and radiator fluid at 24 months).

Auto at 90k (I'm having my auto done tomorrow)
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Fixed pricing started for all new Hyundai vehicles purchased from August 1, 2012...  :)
The GD was released by then but of course there would've been plenty of unsold FD's still about...

Offline wayne

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Ascot

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I think I will stick with Hyundai for servicing (but still barter!)  If you don't ask you don't get!    :goodjob:
  • i30 style (62 plate)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal