i30 Owners Club

Another Aussie joining what looks like a great site

Peter_AUS · 41 · 10452

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I think it is totally unacceptable for a fuel company to outright reject a claim, based on evidence not supplied to you for verification. It's the easy way out for them and I hope the ACCC can help you.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Peter_AUS

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Carlingford NSW
It wasn't BP that rejected it, they contract out the investigation to someone in Dural.  I tried emailing again asking for the CCTV, the came back with No, not going to supply it as they have no authority to do so, and they will no longer respond to any phone calls or emails, or mail for that matter from me regarding this claim, end of story.  I didn't get anywhere with contacting government departments either.  So will have to chalk it up to Experience.

Thanks everyone for your support and also to being directed to that fuel cap replacement and also Fuelmaster addative as well, 1L currently delivered to Australia only is $71.50 for those that might be looking at purchasing it.  As I will only use 12.5 mls per fill up, it should last a long time, well 25 mls for two cars.  Apparently you can use it with all fuels as well, so might try some in my Dual Fuel Tarago Petrol/LPG that is nearly 20 yrs old now, see if it improves the power a little and also the small amount of smoke it blows.  Not bad for a 20 yr old car, with 125,000Kms on it, yes that is original k's as I have had it since new and got the conversion done after the first yr as the warranty had run out by then. I used to travel 50K a year in Perth.

Regards,

Peter
  • i30CDiAuto Y11 Blue (wife's car)[hr]iX35CDIAuto SE Y13 (my Car) Silver

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

If they are happy that it was your error then what are they hiding, if anything, by not providing you with a copy of the cctv?

Or the cctv does not exist!
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Peter_AUS

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Carlingford NSW

If they are happy that it was your error then what are they hiding, if anything, by not providing you with a copy of the cctv?

Or the cctv does not exist!

I totally agree, with what you said, and said as much in my email to them, that was when I got the reply that the case was closed, they will not supply the CCTV as they don't have the authority, and will no longer respond to any communication from me regarding the matter.

Unfortunately I am on a small disability pension and the costs to resolve the issue, was 1 1/2 months of my pension that I get, so none for a lawyer to take it any further, which I intimated in my reply to them after not receiving any reply to my previous email.

Peter
  • i30CDiAuto Y11 Blue (wife's car)[hr]iX35CDIAuto SE Y13 (my Car) Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I would have thought a pensioner could do something via legal aid. I hate to see the big guys get away scott free in situations like this...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Doesn't surprise me at all, Peter. :mad:
They did much the same with me and never responded to my last email.... :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I would have thought a pensioner could do something via legal aid. I hate to see the big guys get away scott free in situations like this...

You'd be wasting your time with legal aid, Daz.....They are usually pretty useless at the best of times and I suspect with something like this they wouldn't even be interested....  :undecided:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Get on TV & state your case, they don't like bad press.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Get on TV & state your case, they don't like bad press.

Here we have a few consumer programmes which are more than happy to take up this type of issue.

If they feel you have been treated badly they will broadcast on national tv.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I would say, a flat refusal to supply information and advice that the matter is closed, without any investigation, plus notification that no further communications will be acknowledged, constitutes pretty bad treatment. :fum:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :wttc:  brilliant posting.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal