i30 Owners Club

Another Aussie :)

ttc · 12 · 2614

Offline ttc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Browns Plains, Brisbane

• 2016 GD i30 crdi
Hi, recently traded my 2012 Accent in on a 2013 i30 Diesel in Hyper Silver.

hated the fact the Accent didn't have cruise, and couldn't see anything out of the back of it.

The dealer damaged my car before I picked it up, dodgy repair, and when I said it wasn't good enough I got told it was just the demo and deal with it :(
Then the same dealer when I asked about different wheels I got told that I wasn't allowed to put different offset wheels on it as it was illegal. Needless to say they will never see it again. :(

• 2013 Active Crdi

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
 :welcum: ttc
Hi, recently traded my 2012 Accent in on a 2013 i30 Diesel in Hyper Silver.

hated the fact the Accent didn't have cruise, and couldn't see anything out of the back of it.

The dealer damaged my car before I picked it up, dodgy repair, and when I said it wasn't good enough I got told it was just the demo and deal with it :(
Bloody hell I would be taking that further,that's not on
Then the same dealer when I asked about different wheels I got told that I wasn't allowed to put different offset wheels on it as it was illegal. Needless to say they will never see it again. :(
Technically the dealer is right,change the offset of your wheels you are changing the track of the vehicle,also technically if you change your wheels to anything other than what is on the vehicle wheel and Tyre spec plate,this also  can void your insurance,unless you get written approval by your insurance company,seat covers can even void your insurance
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If the dealer damaged the car it should be repaired to the standard you agreed to purchase at. Demo or not, that is totally unacceptable behaviour.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline ttc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Browns Plains, Brisbane

• 2016 GD i30 crdi
Rick, In Queensland you're legally allowed to increase the cars track by 25mm, you're not allowed to make it smaller at all. The wheels were standard 16 inch alloys off an i45, which turns out were fitted to an earlier model i30 as well so completely legal. The dealer was very rude to me, talked over the top, refused to listen, and when I told her it was legal to change the offset she basically hung up on me.
When I told the sales guy who sold me the car (not the rude one) that I wasn't happy with the repair, he gave me the repairers number.. and I'm like why? i didn't damage it, I'm not organizing for it to be fixed properly.

Sorry if it's too large :)  Both sides were like this and some in the middle. I worked out they ran into the parking stop in their carpark.

• 2013 Active Crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: ttc .. Yep, that looks pretty dodgy!

Congrats on the great car, sorry to hear about the not so great Dealer! :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ttc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Browns Plains, Brisbane

• 2016 GD i30 crdi
Thanks, that pic is pre repair :)
We had an 2008 i30 diesel for 4 years and it was great. Bit of a magnet for trouble though, it was parked and a runaway boat hit the side of it, and he was stopped at the lights and he got badly rear ended in it, both times it was fixed but you don't feel the same.
  • 2013 Active Crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks, that pic is pre repair :)
We had an 2008 i30 diesel for 4 years and it was great. Bit of a magnet for trouble though, it was parked and a runaway boat hit the side of it, and he was stopped at the lights and he got badly rear ended in it, both times it was fixed but you don't feel the same.

Wow, I'm not buying a lotto ticket joint with you guys..  :Shocked:

We had a 2008 i30 Diesel for just over 2 years and the worst that happened to me in that was very minor Wallaby damage..  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:

Bloody dodgy service. Give'm hell. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
We had a 2008 i30 Diesel for just over 2 years and the worst that happened to me in that was very minor Wallaby damage..  :sweating:

Whereas the car was damaged extensively.  :rofl:

:welcome: ttc.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi ttc

:wttc:

Congrats on the new car.

Hope the car will serve you better than the dealer... :disapp: