'Dirty tactics' used by London parking wardens

eye30 · 19 · 3194

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
As this is a regional programme and I'm not in this tV region I'll have to watch on i-player later tonight/tomorrow.

Not sure if overseas members can access the BBC i-player service

====================

Inside Out meets the London parking wardens who say they issue unfair tickets to innocent motorists.

Last year the programme revealed two councils, Ealing and Camden, where some wardens claimed contracts had been issued with illegal ticket targets, a claim denied by both councils.

Inside Out London is broadcast on Monday, 27 January on BBC One at 19:30 GMT and nationwide on the iPlayer for seven days thereafter.

BBC News - 'Dirty tactics' used by London parking wardens
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
in Sydney we have parking ticket meters, if your driving a ute van wagon or truck you can use a loading zone. a wagon gets about 15min free , a truck or van gets half hour free. if your in a can you can use one or two hour zones but you must pay, everyone puts a ticket with the time @ which the ticket expires. our warders just take a picture tyre info like over stay your time limit, it only has to be say one minute over & you get hit with a fine. but if your an invalid you can have a limited mobility card & you don't get booked. ( lot of invalids in Sydney )
down were i am not it's rare to see parking fines. how can your boys & girls cheat? you need gold coast meter maids they walk around in bikini's do that job. :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I can tell you Lakes over here a disability card means Bugger all when you use a normal parking bay,Sue was forced to use a non Disability bay once,yes and payed the fee,put the ticket in the window and her disability Acrod card, was back twenty minutes late,we had a hell of a fight to get the fine overturned,Wilson's Parking, parking should have never been put in the hands of private companies,as so the toll ways,it should have all been in local or state government hands,Wilsons over here are the biggest most crooked company out for pinging people,when anything like this is put into private company hands it always just turns into a money making operation,no if buts or maybe's.

Perfect example is our Perth Airport,parking run by Wilson's,as the disabled bays are within their control limits and metered parking,YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR PARKING,when we contacted them and ask how we where able to get our fee back,we were simply told it was their carpark and they were entitled to charge EVERYONE for parking.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
As this is a regional programme and I'm not in this tV region I'll have to watch on i-player later tonight/tomorrow.

Not sure if overseas members can access the BBC i-player service

====================

Inside Out meets the London parking wardens who say they issue unfair tickets to innocent motorists.

Last year the programme revealed two councils, Ealing and Camden, where some wardens claimed contracts had been issued with illegal ticket targets, a claim denied by both councils.

Inside Out London is broadcast on Monday, 27 January on BBC One at 19:30 GMT and nationwide on the iPlayer for seven days thereafter.

BBC News - 'Dirty tactics' used by London parking wardens

For those with Firefox, install the "Anonymox" plugin, select "UK" region and watch all the BBC Broadcasts you please ;)
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Awesome, thanks, Zoom. It just so happens that I'm compiling a presentation on covert Internet activity for a conference soon and this will make a great bit of eye candy on the Powerpoint slides. :victory:

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Awesome, thanks, Zoom. It just so happens that I'm compiling a presentation on covert Internet activity for a conference soon and this will make a great bit of eye candy on the Powerpoint slides. :victory:

Thanks Gonz, you may like to consider taking a look at Search DuckDuckGo as a preferred search engine in that investigation, as there is no circular filtering. And "dont track me" as a track blocking addon.  Which indecently has blocked "google analytics" on the 130 ownersclub as a tracker.

ZOOM! :victory:
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yep, already got Duck Duck Go and occasionally test its coverage for important things like 'Counter Terrorist Steganography Search Engine'. :snigger:

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Yep, already got Duck Duck Go and occasionally test its coverage for important things like 'Counter Terrorist Steganography Search Engine'. :snigger:

Interesting stuff you done there Gonz.  I am a software engineer of 25 years, so I always find this web stuff interesting.  Although my software is of an industrial nature, where I have an MSIC and ASIC security level passes, unfortunately I cant talk much about the kind of software I have done recently.

But can always talk about it on a general level, so always feel free to talk about all that is tech! All is Good!

ZOOM!

• 2012 I30 Premium

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just watched the programme and if i'm not mistaken the cctv enforcement car was parked up on a single yellow line!

Wonder if he issued himself a fine?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

I just tried it and searched for Gonz Australia

http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/other-hyundai-models-15/i30-interior-dome-light-12582/

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Bloody nora, I drove past one of these cars in North Manchester this very afti.......    :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I drove past a speed camera van parked up in a suburban road near where I live last week. They usually lurk on the main A41 about half a mile from the junction with our road and I have never seen one there before.  Familiarity breeds apathy.

As soon as I saw it - I looked at the speedo which was nearer to 40 than 30. To my everlasting shame - I allowed a rather naughty word to pass my lips. Was I speeding or was I not? that was the question.

To ascertain this I went round the block and came back down the road past the van again at exactly 30 mph as displayed on my sat-nav. Upon getting home 3 minutes later I coupled the DOD dash cam to the computer and played the video - using a stop watch (my phone) to time each run between identical lamp posts. This proved I was doing 31 mph as I passed the van so I breathed a pleasant sigh of relief.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
So that's your defence when the ticket arrives, eh. Don't like your chances, Alan. They'll send you one anyway if this thread title is correct. :Pout:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Alan, you amazing  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Well done  :goodjob: :goodjob:

:whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

So that's your defence when the ticket arrives, eh. Don't like your chances, Alan. They'll send you one anyway if this thread title is correct. :Pout:

I s'pose it's being so cheerful that keeps you going........................ :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It's early morning here, I'm hungry, have to have fasting blood test, meet with a lecturer and work out how to fit in brekkie as well, yeah, I've been happier.  :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I can tell you Lakes over here a disability card means Bugger all when you use a normal parking bay,Sue was forced to use a non Disability bay once,yes and payed the fee,put the ticket in the window and her disability Acrod card, was back twenty minutes late,we had a hell of a fight to get the fine overturned,Wilson's Parking, parking should have never been put in the hands of private companies,as so the toll ways,it should have all been in local or state government hands,Wilsons over here are the biggest most crooked company out for pinging people,when anything like this is put into private company hands it always just turns into a money making operation,no if buts or maybe's.

Perfect example is our Perth Airport,parking run by Wilson's,as the disabled bays are within their control limits and metered parking,YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR PARKING,when we contacted them and ask how we where able to get our fee back,we were simply told it was their carpark and they were entitled to charge EVERYONE for parking.

I love private contractors doing parking. Flip the ticket over, fill in the contest in court section and never hear from them again.

Do they really want to pay for a lawyer to try to prosecute the matter when the person who issued the ticket has no idea of the process, and will no doubt stuff something up in the box. Even if he doesn't there is a fair chance the Magistrate will think it is beneath their legal standing and let you off because you seem like a nice bloke.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal