i30 Owners Club

Creative maths taints NBN Strategic Review's revenue argument

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Summary: Careful reading of the NBN Strategic Review's financial projections suggests its authors have taken gross liberties to ensure the revised NBN model stacks up better on paper than the current rollout.

Creative maths taints NBN Strategic Review's revenue argument | ZDNet

Well!!! Who'd a thunk it??

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Check it out here.

NBN Co - National Broadband Network - Australia | Strategic Review

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/NBN-Co-Strategic-Review-Report.pdf

I guess I need someone to explain to me how a service that doesn't have the revenue earning capability of the original proposal (its not a high speed network) and then needs to be replaced the year after its deployed - aside from all the on costs - is going to cost us less and yet earn more revenue.  It's some kind of financial miracle to be sure.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Check it out here.

NBN Co - National Broadband Network - Australia | Strategic Review

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/NBN-Co-Strategic-Review-Report.pdf

I guess I need someone to explain to me how a service that doesn't have the revenue earning capability of the original proposal (its not a high speed network) and then needs to be replaced the year after its deployed - aside from all the on costs - is going to cost us less and yet earn more revenue.  It's some kind of financial miracle to be sure.

Easy peasy, Keith. Hockynomics!
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal