i30 Owners Club

More convicts coming our way from the Motherland.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes and for every battler,who thinks it innocent enough to take a two dollar can of drink or whatever,every time he goes through these checkouts,is basically taking money out of your pocket in the long run  :disapp: time to turn the clock back a couple hundred years and start removing appendages from caught shoplifters  :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It's no different here - I've seen it first hand (so to speak).

Left and right hand cup a pair of items, arranged as a vertical stack. Only the bottom one gets scanned.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

It's no different here - I've seen it first hand (so to speak).

Left and right hand cup a pair of items, arranged as a vertical stack. Only the bottom one gets scanned.

Thanks for that tip, Steve. How can I sneak watermelons through the scanners? The bloody things are hard to hide. :mrgreen:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
... How can I sneak watermelons through the scanners? The bloody things are hard to hide. :mrgreen:
Much the same way as you would pineapples, mate. :whistler: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

... How can I sneak watermelons through the scanners? The bloody things are hard to hide. :mrgreen:
Much the same way as you would pineapples, mate. :whistler: :lol:

Ouch!!!!
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Bloody hell, I am really slow on the uptake (you've noticed?)       I'm off to the shops right now, I didn't know about this little wheeeze  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Oh hang on tho, knowing my luck, I'd get caught right away <sigh>

Maybe not on second thoughts  :head_butt: :head_butt: :head_butt:

Offline KylieR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Bendigo, Victoria
    • MyWinterStorm83
I have never taken anything from a self serve checkout - at least not on purpose. They don't always work, and sometimes, you think an item has scanned, only to discover later that it hasn't. I figure that since the machine is at fault, why should I return the item to pay for it?

Hate the way the stupid red light flashes because you have to place the item in the bag. If I have one item, why must I place it in a bloody bag???

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hate the way the stupid red light flashes because you have to place the item in the bag. If I have one item, why must I place it in a bloody bag???

Down here you don't have to put it in a bag (just place it in the bagging area)

That is so the scanner and/or scales (incorporated into the bagging area) can tell what you scanned or entered is actually that item (or of similar size and weight) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
There is absolutely no need for you worry about us sending more convicts your way.

The EU has stopped us exporting scoundrels, rapists, murderers and terrorists because it would infringe their HUMAN RIGHTS.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
There is absolutely no need for you worry about us sending more convicts your way.

The EU has stopped us exporting scoundrels, rapists, murderers and terrorists because it would infringe their HUMAN RIGHTS.
Sounds like the USA system..

They preach all this human rights stuff then throw them to the ground and hand cuff them for having a minute amount of cannabis or in some cases just looking sideways at the wrong time! That's how they depict it on the supposedly "real Life" Cops shows we get on TV.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
They do come across as heavy handed Dazz, but given that anyone could have a handgun in their pocket, or a knife, they have to do it to protect themselves.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

Sounds like the USA system..

They preach all this human rights stuff then throw them to the ground and hand cuff them for having a minute amount of cannabis or in some cases just looking sideways at the wrong time! That's how they depict it on the supposedly "real Life" Cops shows we get on TV.
Yes I'd be a little upset being treated like this by someone who's wages I'm helping to pay,but I'm pretty sure those shows are made that way so people will watch them,but having said that,the amount of news reports(with supporting video evidence) now coming out of excessive force used,it's becoming worrying,
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The U.S. do it that way for a reason and have high levels of compliance and more officer safety as a result.
Govts need to provided safe work practices for all their employees so if they tried to reduce some of those measures, such as handcuffing suspects, there'd be some issues, I'm sure.
As for paying their wages, I'm sure you're more than happy to contribute, Rick.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal