i30 Owners Club

Hankook tyres

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Just a quick note for the West Aussies among us. The main distributor in perth is no longer supplying Hankook Tyres to WA!
Hankook are coming to WA in June or July, so if you need tyres before then, you will have to guy them on line & ship them into wa yourself.
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Just thought I'd let the WA people know the main distributor for Hankook Tyres is no longer supplying them to the retailers. So if you want to replace your tyres with original spec's you will have to buy on line &have them shipped over yourself!
Called icare this morning & was told to change tyres in sets of 2 or 4.
Due to only having covered 18000km I think having to change all 4 tyres due to 1 puncture is " a bit rude"!
Your thoughts please.
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Just thought I'd let the WA people know the main distributor for Hankook Tyres is no longer supplying them to the retailers. So if you want to replace your tyres with original spec's you will have to buy on line &have them shipped over yourself!
Due to only having covered 18000km I think having to change all 4 tyres due to 1 puncture is " a bit rude"!
Your thoughts please.
Sparky, unless there's some legal issue regarding the supply of Hankooks, they're such a popular brand I'm sure someone will quickly pick up the slack.
I found this................
on the Hankook website

Hankook Tyre Australia Announces National Distribution

Following on from a highly successful 2013, Hankook Tyre Australia has announced it will expand its operations into a national format for tyre distribution, starting June 2014.

Having previously used a number of state-based distributors, Hankook Tyre Australia has recently consolidated these markets, the most recent being Victoria in 2012. The final remaining independent distributor is Koast Tyre, in Western Australia, which will work closely with Hankook Tyre Australia for a seamless transition between now and May 31, when Hankook will assume the final component to national distribution.

As a result, Hankook retailers will deal directly with the manufacturer from June 2014, to establish and reinforce a nationally standardised supply chain and uniform customer service, backed by a strong consumer marketing strategy to drive growth of dealers and the brand.

Hankook Tyre Australia Managing Director Paul Park has said of the announcement: “Our growth and recent sales success has been made possible by our dealers and distributors, such as Koast Tyre, and this has enabled us to make this exciting transition which will herald a new age for Hankook Tyre in Australia.

I suggest you ring around some of the bigger dealers. They're bound to still have stock and access to supply.

Otherwise, pick on something similar and buy one and put it in your spare. Just make sure it's a relatively up to date pattern which will stay on the market for a few years.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Or hit Ebay...
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Your thoughts please.
Sparky, unless there's some legal issue regarding the supply of Hankooks, they're such a popular brand I'm sure someone will quickly pick up the slack.
I found this................
on the Hankook website

Hankook Tyre Australia Announces National Distribution

Following on from a highly successful 2013, Hankook Tyre Australia has announced it will expand its operations into a national format for tyre distribution, starting June 2014.

Having previously used a number of state-based distributors, Hankook Tyre Australia has recently consolidated these markets, the most recent being Victoria in 2012. The final remaining independent distributor is Koast Tyre, in Western Australia, which will work closely with Hankook Tyre Australia for a seamless transition between now and May 31, when Hankook will assume the final component to national distribution.

As a result, Hankook retailers will deal directly with the manufacturer from June 2014, to establish and reinforce a nationally standardised supply chain and uniform customer service, backed by a strong consumer marketing strategy to drive growth of dealers and the brand.

Hankook Tyre Australia Managing Director Paul Park has said of the announcement: “Our growth and recent sales success has been made possible by our dealers and distributors, such as Koast Tyre, and this has enabled us to make this exciting transition which will herald a new age for Hankook Tyre in Australia.

I suggest you ring around some of the bigger dealers. They're bound to still have stock and access to supply.

Otherwise, pick on something similar and buy one and put it in your spare. Just make sure it's a relatively up to date pattern which will stay on the market for a few years.
Rang around for ages this morning. This is the second puncture in as many months & I was told at the end of dec they would have stock by February, talking to Hankook head office this morning I was told the local distributor hasn't taken stock in ages, and they would be distributing from end of July in WA. Just seems a bit crap that a state this size doesn't have any distributors for the next 5 month, even the tyre dealers are confused!
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What about Kumhos?

They are virtually identical (out of a different door of the same factory by all accounts... So should be interchangeable if you select the right tread pattern?)  :undecided:

What do you think about that Trevor? :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'd do what Trevor (surferdude) said and use the "spare" and then just replace that with a newie.
Otherwise just buy 2 new tyres...  :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I'd do what Trevor (surferdude) said and use the "spare" and then just replace that with a newie.
Otherwise just buy 2 new tyres...  :goodjob:

Is the spare full size or space saver?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
It should be a full size spare in the Premium....  :goodjob:
The only model in Oz to score a space saver was the GD "Active" and that was only a temporary measure....(pun intended)
All models now have a full size spare...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal