M25 cyclist in Surrey 'sent on motorway by phone app'

eye30 · 7 · 1411

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Surrey Roads Police tweeted: "Cyclist stopped and after a long conversation he has been safely removed with his copy of his ticket for £50."

The force tweeted that the man, who cycled "several miles" on the motorway, had been looking for a shorter route to cycle home from work.

"Phone app sent him on motorway so thought it ok," it added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-26336618
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hannah Leonard tweeted: "My usual 40 minute commute to work took an hour and a half due to a cyclist on the m25!"

The cyclist was riding along in the emergency lane so it's hard to see how she could have been delayed for that long...if at all.... :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
What a Moron,who takes notice of a Bloody phone app,when there are signs saying no livestock,tractors or cyclist on motorway(at least over here)since 99% of our freeway/motorway/highway signage was pinched from the Pommie system,can't see why they wouldn't have the same signage there,all I can add is Idiot,Idiot,Idiot  :disapp:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
I'm not surprised by this sort of stuff anymore. There is a large portion of society that has lost the ability to think for themselves, as well as losing the ability to comprehend and make decisions for themselves.
The sad thing is I see an education system which is teaching children/adults that it's acceptable to blindly follow the other guy.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I blame the Government....  :p

They treat everyone as if they are all morons...

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
A large number of lycra wearing arrogant cyclists do not consider there are any rules of the road that apply to them. They  jump red lights. evade the barriers on railway level crossings, ignore pedestrian crossing rules, ride at night with no lights, drink and ride - you name it.

The flat cap, bicycle clip round the ankles, cyclists are normally quite the opposite
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

The flat cap, bicycle clip round the ankles, cyclists are normally quite the opposite

That's me!
 :cool:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal