i30 Owners Club

i30 built-in Sat Nav volume control

Offline alangibson

• 1st Gear
I've just been catching up on the February posts on adjusting the built-in SatNav volume. I thought I was the only one who had this problem! The dealer had no idea how to do it.
Basically I want to adjust the guidance volume separate from the radio/audio volume, and couldn't fathom it out. I will try the tips listed in February, and thanks in advance  for people's advice.
Also, I sometimes want map guidance but without the verbal instructions, so I can hear the radio without interruption. I gather there is a mute option in Settings, so will have a look at that.

On a different topic, I discovered that if you go into the screen which shows your current location, it also tells you the altitude, which was useful when I wanted to compare altitude from my home to a destination which I cycle to. An extra bit of info when on holiday etc.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
On my KIA you adjust the sat-nav volume using the radio volume knob whilst the sat-nav voice is speaking.

I would assume that KIA and Hyundai would have similar set-ups.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yes it is, and if you miss adjusting the volume when the nav is speaking and end up adjusting the radio instead, get the nav to repeat using the i button and alter volume again.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal