10 most annoying road habits

tla · 29 · 5528

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
10 most annoying road habits

What pi$$es you off?

Mine is the first in the list.  Bloody annoying.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Mine is merging.  I can't understand how people don't understand what merging means.  It is simple, it's like a zipper.  Some people think that because they are already on the freeway then they can legally block those trying to merge.  I've seen them speed up or slow down just to block.

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Mine is "People who speed up when you try to overtake them". Hate this.  :mad:

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Being currently in Adelaide, the average IQ hits rock bottom on both hogging the right lane and straddling two lanes when waiting to turn. There should be a biological solution for these idiots. :fum:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
You are in a narrow street with cars parked here and there on both sides.  Oncoming car.   One of you has to stop or slow to let the other proceed.   You stop/slow, they proceed right past you with no acknowledgement. 

How much does a simple wave cost them???   

F***wits.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
It seems that the hardest thing for people to learn is what indication is needed at roundabouts ,seen many times is someone continuing across a roundabout and yet for some reason they have their right indicator on but go straight on.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: tla
Mine is the first in the list.  Bloody annoying.

I'd have to say "all those things, and more". See a lot of them every day (apart, maybe, from the failure to proceed at a green light due to distraction).

Quote from: The Gonz
...There should be a biological solution for these idiots. :fum:
Yep, chemical castration. Well ok, maybe not that extreme  :evil:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
1. Failing to indicate left when exiting a roundabout.  :argh:
2. Failing to move into an intersection on a right turn red arrow. :wtf:
3. Tailgating.  :noobalert:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
10 others on the road when you are there

:lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Not doing freeway speed, or stopping on the on ramp when entering a freeway.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
It seems that the hardest thing for people to learn is what indication is needed at roundabouts ,seen many times is someone continuing across a roundabout and yet for some reason they have their right indicator on but go straight on.
At a two-lane roundabout, a few times I've seen people enter on the left (outer) lane, and continue on the outer lane to turn right, i.e. a clockwise 270 degree turn on the outer lane.  Luckily there was no-one in the right (inner) lane going straight ahead, otherwise they would have been wiped out.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Speaking of annoying roundabout habits.
Can I nominate the two way roundabouts in England.  :disapp: :scared:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Speaking of annoying roundabout habits.
Can I nominate the two way roundabouts in England.  :disapp: :scared:

OOh I don't like the sound of those!  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Then there's the Magic Roundabout in Swindon. I had a lot of fun trying a different set of turns every time I drove there. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Then there's the Magic Roundabout in Swindon. I had a lot of fun trying a different set of turns every time I drove there. :lol:
That's what I'm talking about Gonz.
The one I fell into was at Hemel Hempstead.

Here.

Magic Roundabout (Hemel Hempstead) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Lack of a courtesy wave.
Plus others.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
They've omitted my pet hate - cars with "baby on Board" signs in the rear window - and even worse "Little princes on Board".
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
All of those are on my list. The bonus items I loathe are:

- Tailgaters (cars, because tailgating truckies get their own mention later).
- Lane weaving (cars).
- People you overtake that then overtake you after you pass & return back to your lane; only to have them speed up, overtake you and then slow down again once they're back in your lane in front of you.
- Taxi drivers blatantly breaking every road rule in the name of getting a fare.
- People driving whilst on the phone. And most of he morons I see doing it try to hide that they're holding it up to their ear.
One bird a few weeks back was trying to drive her manual vehicle, and succeeded in completing a slalom course across three lanes. Naturally she politely told me to f*ck off when I yelled at her to get off her phone.
I was most delighted to see her pulled up by a copper just a few moments after that.
- Vehicles on motorways that can't maintain the speed limit and go from +/- 10-15 units of speed either side of it within 100 units of distance.
- Tailgating truck drivers. These are the evilest bastards on the planet. They (as a whole) often bitch and moan about how they need space for breaking, and how cars shouldn't cut them off by changing lanes (which are perfectly valid issues) and all that jazz; well if that's the case, why do I see a very good portion of trucks on my daily commute that tailgate at the posted speed limits?
It swings both ways. You drive a vehicle that can carry 30T of pure kinetic death, back the f**k away from my bumper.
- Truck drivers overtaking other trucks, uphill, and across ALL lanes of traffic. Often times reducing what was a smooth flow of traffic down to a snails pace.
- Bogan tradie P platers in utes. They just have this smarmy cocky attitude about them that makes me wish they would have an accident to wipe it off their face. It seems petty, but pretty much every single one of the top ten things & my list is embodied in the driving standard of 90% of the bogan ute drivers I see every day on my run into work.
- Drivers that "tailgate" during peak hour traffic causing the brake light disco & dance festival. Seriously assholes, chill out and slow down. Leave a space and learn how to manage your throttle so you don't waste your brake pads. It also helps smooth the traffic out, and if a lane has to merge, it makes the process easier!

Holy crap. I've just realised I've turned into an 80yo man with a gun yelling at the kids to get off my lawn, Clint Eastwood style.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 15:36:24 by plasticphyte »
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I just hate all other road users,their ALL idiots,I have two simple road rules for other road users.

1 If your in front of me "Get the F#*k out of my way"

2 If your behind me stay there

:whistler: :whistler: :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Rick, yours was definitely shorter to type! And I would definitely agree with it!
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
It is unbelievable the idiocy I see one the roads and something I seen today just blew me away(but not for here)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
All of those are on my list. The bonus items I loathe are:

- Tailgaters (cars, because tailgating truckies get their own mention later).
- Lane weaving (cars).
- People you overtake that then overtake you after you pass & return back to your lane; only to have them speed up, overtake you and then slow down again once they're back in your lane in front of you.
- Taxi drivers blatantly breaking every road rule in the name of getting a fare.
- People driving whilst on the phone. And most of he morons I see doing it try to hide that they're holding it up to their ear.
One bird a few weeks back was trying to drive her manual vehicle, and succeeded in completing a slalom course across three lanes. Naturally she politely told me to f*ck off when I yelled at her to get off her phone.
I was most delighted to see her pulled up by a copper just a few moments after that.
- Vehicles on motorways that can't maintain the speed limit and go from +/- 10-15 units of speed either side of it within 100 units of distance.
- Tailgating truck drivers. These are the evilest bastards on the planet. They (as a whole) often bitch and moan about how they need space for breaking, and how cars shouldn't cut them off by changing lanes (which are perfectly valid issues) and all that jazz; well if that's the case, why do I see a very good portion of trucks on my daily commute that tailgate at the posted speed limits?
It swings both ways. You drive a vehicle that can carry 30T of pure kinetic death, back the f**k away from my bumper.
- Truck drivers overtaking other trucks, uphill, and across ALL lanes of traffic. Often times reducing what was a smooth flow of traffic down to a snails pace.
- Bogan tradie P platers in utes. They just have this smarmy cocky attitude about them that makes me wish they would have an accident to wipe it off their face. It seems petty, but pretty much every single one of the top ten things & my list is embodied in the driving standard of 90% of the bogan ute drivers I see every day on my run into work.
- Drivers that "tailgate" during peak hour traffic causing the brake light disco & dance festival. Seriously assholes, chill out and slow down. Leave a space and learn how to manage your throttle so you don't waste your brake pads. It also helps smooth the traffic out, and if a lane has to merge, it makes the process easier!

Holy crap. I've just realised I've turned into an 80yo man with a gun yelling at the kids to get off my lawn, Clint Eastwood style.

And believe it or not the list = 10
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Speeding up while overtaking is mine. Had someone the other day do that.  I finely waited until she thought I backed off. We started going down a hill and I gunned it ( not even hitting 3500rpm) flicked her off going by and then cut into her lane with a couple metres to spare and made her slam her brakes.

Moral of the story...... Dont piss off a medic, we have severe road rage
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Speeding up while overtaking is mine. Had someone the other day do that.  I finely waited until she thought I backed off. We started going down a hill and I gunned it ( not even hitting 3500rpm) flicked her off going by and then cut into her lane with a couple metres to spare and made her slam her brakes.

Moral of the story...... Dont piss off a medic, we have severe road rage

Hence the reason accidents happen in the first place,although I suffer the same affliction of road rage,I keep it in check to vocalization,as sadly one bad driving act does not fix someone else's,but yes I noticed when we were up in parts of NSW and Qld where they had the limited over taking lanes so many people would be travelling at well under the speed limit and when getting to the overtaking lanes would speed up to the speed limit,you weren't game to overtake them as this seems to be where all the fixed or mobile camera's were placed

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
1. drivers who turn right from the left side of the lane, please turn from the right hand side of the lane
2. drivers how break before the indicate, indicate first then apply break
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I have found that in Queensland, they don't have indicators, they have confirmators!!  They let you know which way they have just turned.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have found that in Queensland, they don't have indicators, they have confirmators!!  They let you know which way they have just turned.

We have the same thing over here.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

I just found out that working headlights are optional in Broome.  Idiots!!!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

I just found out that working headlights are optional in Broome.  Idiots!!!
ANYTHING working in Broome is optional Jamie  :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal