Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Doesn't bother me, my immune system is bolstered by exposure and
deals with this problem very effectively.

Quote,

"What can you do? Gerba, a.k.a. "Dr. Germ," advises cleaning bathroom and kitchen sinks, as well as the drains, daily with a cleanser that contains chlorine bleach, which will kill 99.9 percent of fecal organisms. Do the same to countertops, appliances and faucet handles two to three times a week, and hit the toilets, tubs and showers weekly."

Why is it always 99.9 What's different about the other 0.1% :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Because no germicidal solution kills everything. False advertising to say it does :)
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I find this article hard to believe. If it is such a big health issue, why aren't we dropping like flies with bacterial infections?  :crap:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I'm gonna stop cleaning my teeth - job done................ :goodjob2:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My mission is to create a bleach that kills 0.1% of germs.

That way I can team up with Domestos to sell the perfect cleanser :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
A few years ago someone on here posted that it was 6 feet (not 20) and I measured and posted a picture. My toothbrush was 6'1" from the toilet and Trish's was 5'11" .. But we are now storing them in the bathroom cabinet... :victory:

Think I might just stop grabbing a bit of toilet paper off the roll to blow my nose on!  :sweating: :faint:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

You can get paranoid about all this cleanliness stuff with all the scare stories being spread about.....what we need is a disinfectant that kills 99.9% of all such propaganda.

I saw a TV programme where they took a swab off a toilet seat and a swab off a tablet computer screen - guess what?

Keep everyone in an ultra clean cocoon and their immune system would get lazy.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You can get paranoid about all this cleanliness stuff with all the scare stories being spread about.....what we need is a disinfectant that kills 99.9% of all such propaganda.

I saw a TV programme where they took a swab off a toilet seat and a swab off a tablet computer screen - guess what?

Keep everyone in an ultra clean cocoon and their immune system would get lazy.

Too true Alan  :goodjob: (love the propaganda line)  :D

There is a fair bit of "dirt" in my tablet .. if you have a proper ganda  :snigger:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Reading articles like this makes me believe what Dr Karl Kruszelnicki says about the internet.

"Believing what you read in an article on the internet is like believing the guy at the pub, sitting in his own vomit in the toilet."

Anybody can post what they want on the internet, this article doesn't site any research, is not from a reliable source (i.e. university research, health department research).  It is just some guy called "Dr Germ" stating what he believes is true.

While it may be true about the number of bacteria etc., I agree with UM, why aren't we all dropping dead or coming down with more illness?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very true Jamie .. The internet has made me skeptical about a lot of things I read now.. Very hard to know what is true and what isn't!

I don't mind hearing a bit of gossip about celebrities but I only believe about 1% of it!  :whistler:

The trouble is a lot of the population out there don't think like us and it causes all sorts of strife on Facebook and other similar sites!  :Ouch:

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
It has been proven that if your toilet is close to your sink. That the flush does aerosolize some of the water. Which contains fecal bacteria. Since most people keep their toothbrush on the sink counter. It is easy to catch some of those aerosolized droplets. As for harming you....... chances are not likely. But I dont like the idea of brushing my teeth with fecal bacteria..... :)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't stop posting, Reaper.
It's all useful information and we are able to pick and choose how we apply it.
Our toilets are in separate rooms.  :P
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
My understanding is that the mouth contains more harmful bacteria than other parts of the body and pre-aids, was an effective fighting weapon, similar to the Komodo Dragon.  :whistler:

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Before most of the Western population was urbanized I suspect people were living in much less sanitary conditions, including near livestock.  We seemed to have survived.   

From what I have read, the relatively recent increase in the rates of asthma and allergies in Western countries have been caused, at least in part, from being too clean.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Before most of the Western population was urbanized I suspect people were living in much less sanitary conditions, including near livestock.  We seemed to have survived. 
From what I have read, the relatively recent increase in the rates of asthma and allergies in Western countries have been caused, at least in part, from being too clean.
in my opinion, I agree. Most people are too worried about getting sick and then when something big comes around. The body has not been conditioned to fight illness

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Our toilets are in separate rooms.  :P
im good. Lol. Yeah my toilet is near the laundry room. Seperate from the shower and sink where my toothbrush sits lol. Benefits of an 80 year old house.  :winker:

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
My understanding is that the mouth contains more harmful bacteria than other parts of the body and pre-aids, was an effective fighting weapon, similar to the Komodo Dragon.  :whistler:
lol. Not quite as bad as a komodo. But yes, sometimes human bites can cause bad infections. People have been known to lose fingers, arms due to infection.

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
in my opinion, I agree. Most people are too worried about getting sick and then when something big comes around. The body has not been conditioned to fight illness
Of course, I'm not advocating taking a daily dose of s**t.  :P
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
It has been proven that if your toilet is close to your sink. That the flush does aerosolize some of the water. Which contains fecal bacteria. Since most people keep their toothbrush on the sink counter. It is easy to catch some of those aerosolized droplets. As for harming you....... chances are not likely. But I dont like the idea of brushing my teeth with fecal bacteria..... :)

Wont harm you Reaps we swallow bullshit every day and we are still alive.  :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love

Wont harm you Reaps we swallow bullshit every day and we are still alive.  :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

"Believing what you read in an article on the internet is like believing the guy at the pub, sitting in his own vomit in the toilet."

So you frequent my prayer house
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

To those of you who still retain a concern. You can cut down on the number of flushes a day, hence reduce your exposure to germs, by peeing in the sink........................ :wacko:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyway, we have 4 toilets (i'll just use the other three)  :victory:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Like our noses.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Like our noses.

:lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Easy answer....... Close the lid before you flush.  Works in our house.    :whistler:
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
If you have a toilet in your Bathroom,you deserve to have crap all over your toothbrush,this is why the term WC was used it is a water closet,for just one item,the freakin Dunny
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

I worked with stock for over thirty years never killed me,when we were younger old stockies trick for getting rid of the flu was to bury yourself in a pile of horse manure,certainly worked sweated the fever out of Ya!  :lol:

I've worked in some sort of crap most of my life and it ain't killed me yet.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I worked with stock for over thirty years never killed me,when we were younger old stockies trick for getting rid of the flu was to bury yourself in a pile of horse manure,certainly worked sweated the fever out of Ya!  :lol:

Do you have many friends, Rick-p  :question: :whistler:

Also works with bulls, I'm surrounded by it and I don't get the flu, or have the annual "vaccine".

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal