i30 Owners Club

Help usb and armrest

Darko · 13 · 4727

Offline Darko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
In a few days I will pick up my new i30 1.6crdi 5 door but witout armrest and usb port because that washingtonskom availible on a more expensive model. Can  U tell me how can I install a usb port and find a nice armrest that will look ok with interior. Thanks
  • i 30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You can create any number of USBs using something like this and plugging it into the back of your factory unit:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Darko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
If I understand right I can plug this gadget in the back of original radio unit delivered with my i30?
  • i 30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I haven't seen the back of the unit but I expect to find at least a mcroUSB socket. Maybe someone here has taken the unit out or has diagrams for it to make sure. Once you know the type of connector required, you can use a USB cable (and hub if you want more than one socket) and mount your sockets wherever you want, such as between the cigarette lighters. :victory:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It appears that usb & aux are individually wired to multi connectors. So it's possible, but not plug & play.   :(

:link: audio usb wiring schematic 2012 fd.pdf - Google Drive
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, Phil. Great info. If it's a 'multi' connector then the plug may already be there waiting for some wire additions. If not, the right connector needs to be sourced. Anybody have a 3D printer? :snigger:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I'd put money on the fact that it's already wired up but not connected, due to no console.  :idea:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
These armrests are available in the UK, don't know if they will post to Croatia, however at least you know they are available!

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.aspx?fffDepartment=Arm%20Rests&fffMake=Hyundai&fffBasemodel=Hyundai%20I30&fffModelDescription=i30%20Coupe%202013%20Onwards
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Nickoss

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
I have been in the same situation with you man.
It took me one year by pressing and pressing again and again the dealer for the original parts,asking all the i30 clubs on the internet but with not luck at all.After all, dealer managed to please me,anyway.
You can install the factory armrest as I did!In the picture below you can see what you have to order from your dealer.Actually you need 4 parts,I can give the parts numbers too if you are interested.
:link: View image: 232

As for the stereo this is a picture of the back of the original stereo :link: View image: photo46 zps38ce8a42

So I suppose with the correct harness you might have the USB port,probably it may be allready there but not connected to the interface on your panel.I mean that it might be missing only the USB interface ...
:link: Genuine Hyundai i30 2011-2014 Interior AUX iPod USB Port Trim 12V 84760-A6950RY | eBay
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 18:08:28 by Nickoss »
  • i30 mkII

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta: :Agoodpost: Nickoss
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Nickoss

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
You welcome Dazzler!!!
  Here to help each other!
 :goodjob2:
  • i30 mkII

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Ευχαριστώ :goodjob:

Offline Darko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
Nikoss Please send me that part numbers for armrest! How much it costs? You think that there is a harnes for usb port and I only need to buy console? Thans friends
  • i 30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal