150mph driver branded 'reckless'

eye30 · 6 · 1503

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A driver caught driving at 150mph while four young children travelled in the car without seatbelts has been branded "reckless" by police.

Police followed the car to the nearby A14 where it slowed to about 90mph due to heavy traffic, allowing them to catch up and order the vehicle to pull over close to the M11.

In the back were six-month old twins in car seats facing forwards and not secured with seatbelts, a one-year-old girl asleep on the seat between the twins and a two-year-old boy in the footwell.

:link: 150mph driver branded 'reckless' - BT
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
.. and uninsured? :eek:

Throw the book at him.

Oh wait, they have done.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The book should also be thrown at the woman in the passenger seat as I guess that would be the mother and equally to blame, hopefully child services will also add their contributions and threaten removal of the children if something like that was to happen ever again.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
A driver caught driving at 150mph while four young children travelled in the car without seatbelts has been branded "reckless" by police.

The Police Spokesman later went on the UK version of "Mastermind" Special subject "The Bleedin' obvious"  :rolleyes: :whistler:

Mind you, when I was only 3 or 4 apparently my Dad took us to the "flying mile" and got his Mark 10? Jaguar up to an indicated 126 MPH (no seat belts back in 1960)  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :disapp:

Why would anyone do that. This is the sort of mentality that no amount of ad campaigning will change. The lives of the car occupants + every other car in the near vicinity were put at risk by this idiot. Thankfully no accident this time. Those speeds should be reserved for the track and a single occupant. only, not public roads. :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal