i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth music streaming issues since map upgrade

pidim · 4 · 1846

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same situation or knows how to fix this.

I recently had a map upgrade on my i30 elite during my 2 yr service. All went well regarding the Nav side of things.  Since then I have noticed some issues when I stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5S.

The Handsfree calling is fine, however, when I try to play some music, I can hear the music playing, but no song titles appear on the screen and I cannot skip any track via headunit or steering controls.

As I said, phone calls are fine.

The only way to fix this is to disconnect bluetooth and then re-connect again and all is restored. It's just a pain having to do this everytime I want to listen to my own music.

I have tried a full reset of the headunit and have also deleted my Bluetooth profile and paired my 5S again from scratch... but all is still the same.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Why don't you connect it by cable through the USB? Just a thought!  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@dazzler. Prefer to use bluetooth as I can just leave phone in my pocket and not have to bother connecting up. Also, Apple wants to charge so much for a new cable (non-genuines don't work well).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fairy nuff..  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal