Blind Spot

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Quote from: "eye30"
Has anyone else noticed the very bad blind spot over the drivers right.

For normal driving, straight'ish roads, it's not too bad but when joining from a slip road I sometimes completly loose cars especially in the 2/3rd lanes.

Besides putting on 100's of mirrors , any other suggestion?

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
I also have problems with that blind spot. Very difficult to see people with their bike when turning into a street.

And also got problems when parking. When I think i'm close to the car behind, like about 20cm, and I get out, I see that still have allot of space, like more than a meter. Maybe I'm just a not so good driver :p

Offline jay

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I'm not used to checking the left mirror as my old car it was easy to check rear view then head check.. but i've forced myself to check now - awesome mirrors on the i30. Haven't joined from a slip road yet.
I got reverse sensors, hopefully they assist me a bit getting used to the car!

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I have a problem only on one road - it's a downhill slope that meets with another road after a roundabout - because the back window is so high, I have to slow down a lot and stand up in my seat. One road vs the awesomeness of the i30's other features - I'll take the i30 awesomeness.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I think the i30 has excellent vision all around. All cars have blind spots. Its impossible to eliminate them entirely...short of having a glass bubble as a cabin, this has been tried mind you.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
My old Nissan Pulsar definitely had better all round vis.

I never use to use the side mirrors and rearview only rarely.

Now I've gotten used to using the massive side mirrors of the i30.

Good thing about them there's alot less glare at night from them. The Pulsar had tiny ones, but I'd get dazzled quite often.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal