i30 Owners Club

An interesting environmental move by the WCC

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Thanks for posting, UM.

I think that we should be encouraging alternative energy production and investment in companies that research that technology (remember that I have a job solely because of oil and gas production and exploration).  I have no problem with the churches withdrawing their support on moral grounds, after all they are supposed to be our moral guidance.  However, I do have a minor issue with Climate Campaign groups calling for pension funds to withdraw from investing in these companies a little concerning.  The pension funds should be attempting to achieve the best returns for their investors, regardless of what they invest in.  If the pension fund is open about who they invest with, then that will allow people to choose whether they want to place their money with that fund or not.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
As usual, a well thought out post from Fatboy.  :goodjob2:

Here's your reward.  :D
:link: Rub some bacon on it! - YouTube
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Thanks for posting, UM.

I think that we should be encouraging alternative energy production and investment in companies that research that technology (remember that I have a job solely because of oil and gas production and exploration).  I have no problem with the churches withdrawing their support on moral grounds, after all they are supposed to be our moral guidance.  However, I do have a minor issue with Climate Campaign groups calling for pension funds to withdraw from investing in these companies a little concerning.  The pension funds should be attempting to achieve the best returns for their investors, regardless of what they invest in.  If the pension fund is open about who they invest with, then that will allow people to choose whether they want to place their money with that fund or not.
True.
AFAIK, all major pension funds offer a "green" option for investors.
I have a son and daughte-in-law who are also emplyed because of our dependence on oil and gas - especially Gorgon and Wheatstone.
But my son began his career in solar energy generation and is only not there any more because the NSW and Federal governments withdrew funding for ongoing projects. And the technology was bought by the Chinese.
The real push needs to come from the government. And both sides of the political fence really only pay lip service to it.
Our outback gives us more than enough room for unlimited solar power and wind power generation - far enough away from the eyes and ears of those who "don't like the view".
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal