i30 Owners Club

Our New Vivid Blue i30 SR

LarryC · 13 · 7361

Offline LarryC

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi from Brisbane Australia,

Attached are some photos of our shiny new i30.  It's only about a month old but already we are very impressed with the equipment, ride, handling and looks of the SR model (manual).  We seriously considered the Diesel SLX, but in the end went for the well kitted & 'sporty' looks of the SR. Unfortunately the extra costs - intial outlay and escalating additional fuel pump pricing of diesel over petrol in our area, together with likely to be doing limited rather than excessive mileage, meant that the numbers didn't stack up for the great little turbo diesel purchase for us any longer.  Anyway we are more than happy with the petrol SR so far.

From reading some other posts from other people around OZ, that have experienced supply problems/delayed delivery of some models, I realise how lucky we really were.  After spending a bit of time up front researching and comparing models and brands, once we had settled on the i30 SR, the whole trade & buy process took only one week.  I contacted a car broker (that I had used previously) on the Monday, within a couple of days we had sorted the trade deal/price, and he had found a Dealer with the model/colour in stock (in the right place at the right time) and who was willing to do a good deal to get his stock turnover numbers up for the month (again right place & time).  The car was even in a different town than where we live (but only about a hour's drive away).  By the Friday of the same week, the car had been trucked to Brisbane, and by Friday afternoon we took delivery of the new blue baby (as my wife calls it).  Obviously this was the car meant for us.

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Larry,

Can see why you went for the SR (looks sensational in the Vivid blue.. 1st  SR i've seen in that colour) :D

Good stuff....

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tk421

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• i30 SR Petrol Manual - Melbourne Australia
Hi Larry,

The car looks fantastic!

Congrats.

Tim ;-)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
veeery nice car. ive seen one other sr in vivid blue...and its such an amazing choice for the sr! very nice pics!!

icatcher
Hey Larry,
very nice car indeed. I noticed you have a rear spoiler and side skirts. Are they stock, or did you order them as accesories?
And the same 17" rims as I have on mine here in the Netherlands. Looks good - very sporty!

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "icatcher"
Hey Larry,
very nice car indeed. I noticed you have a rear spoiler and side skirts. Are they stock, or did you order them as accesories?
And the same 17" rims as I have on mine here in the Netherlands. Looks good - very sporty!

Hi Icatcher,

Don't think Larry visits us very often  :(  so I'll explain... his car looks like a standard SR  (top of the range petrol in Aus) same as i30dave, Buddyforyou and others which come with the Spoiler, skirts and yummy wheels as standard... (at a price)

rgds,

Dazz

Offline LarryC

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks Dazz for replying on my behalf,

I love the i30 Owners Club site, but unfortanately I don't seem to get much time to spend on here, and obvously I have not been attentive enough to notice a comment on my posted pics of the car and promptly post a reply.  I think I must have been too distracted reading some of the other interesting posts, info, news and views of the wide range of other members from throughout the world to even notice that someone had replied to my post with a question.

As you pointed out the SR model here in Australia comes with Spoiler, Side Skirts, and the nice alloys (and quite af ew other goodies) as part of the price upgrade from the SLX (mid range model).  Also by way of explanation for members outside of OZ this model is limited to only one engine choice a 2ltr petrol, no deisel option at this stage.  So If you want a diesel motor, it is only available in a SX or SLX variants, and if you want to dress it up as a bit more sporty you have to option it up (at a cost through hyundai) and this makes it a 'special order', with availablity and delivery lead times extended & limited opportunity to bargain on price etc.  We actually seriously considered this but in the end ruled it out as being too hard.   Or you can go for after market upgrades which obviously some people have done ( & well I might say from a few of the other pics posted).  

Anyway sorry for being so tardy in posting a response

Larry

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
nice car! love the color, the rims are so sweet! they don't come over here in romania. wish you lots of miles with no accidents! peace

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Pleasure Larry....(glad I didn't step on any toes)

There are many members (including yourself apparently) that don't have as many opportunities to visit and do posting as I do...Glad you are enjoying the site :D

icatcher
Thanks Larry and Dazz for the explanation.
Here in the Netherlands we have the i-catcher as the top-model with 1.6 engine (petrol). But it has no 'body-extras', except for the rims. When you want a spoiler or a bodykit, you'll have to get it aftermarket.
There is a i30-sport model, however, which has all the extras. Saw it at my dealer last week. Looked good, but had a 2 liter engine. The complete sport-package (bodykit, spoiler and double exhaust) would cost me about € 3800 (painted and mounted) That's about $ 6550 I calculated.
I think I can get that cheaper... (or rob a bank... :lol: )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal