i30 Owners Club

Hello from Adelaide, Australia!

Guest · 48 · 8751

Tuvok
Hi my fellow Hyundai i30-sters

Bought a brand new 2014 Hyundai i30 Active.
My car will be docking in Australia next Saturday and then will be able to pick it up as they polish and window tint my car.
It's really cool that there's a forum for Hyundai i30! :)

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc:

If possible cancel the tinting and get it done privately, the dealers put on an extra $300 if done though them.

Tuvok
True. I was told by my mates that they add on extra cost but I wanted it done as soon as I pick it up. Yes, I know... am spoilt!
I did manage to negotiate and got the X-pack price down from $2,000 to $1,300... plus got the i30 floor mats for free.
BTW, these floor mats should come FREE to all i30! 

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
They should be free I agree but unfortunately unless they are thrown in as part of the deal then all dealers ( of all brands ) charge for extras and over charge "heavily" :(

Tuvok
Ridiculous if you ask me given that buying a brand new car is EXPENSIVE regardless what brand it is!  :fum:
Well, I did get sucked in for their X-pack option. LOL!  :eek:

CraigB, did you get any of their "official" accessories?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Only the dash and floor mats because the fit is better than after market copies.

Tuvok
Cool! I found this guy from the net (based in TAS) called west sunshades, who does custom "good quality" sunshades for cars including Hyundai i30s. Charges $57 incld. postage for Hyundai i30 sunshades.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sunshades! like a window sock :undecided: why do you need if you are getting tinting :confused:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:
That's what we need, more ADL forum members. :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Tuvok
:welcome:
That's what we need, more ADL forum members. :happydance:

Cheers TheGonz!  :happydance: Am actually working up at Edinburgh (not the RAF base). :victory:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:40:35 by The Gonz »

Tuvok
Sunshades! like a window sock :undecided: why do you need if you are getting tinting :confused:

Just finding out whats out there for my car. The list is endless....

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Welcome Tuvoc.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hi Tuvok and  a warm welcome to you. I spent 21 years in Adelaide but turned traitor and am now a Gold Coaster and loving it. I am surprised nobody has said we will require photos when the new i30 arrives . :welcum: :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
we will require photos when the new i30 arrives
:D :victory:

Tuvok
Hi Tuvok and  a warm welcome to you. I spent 21 years in Adelaide but turned traitor and am now a Gold Coaster and loving it. I am surprised nobody has said we will require photos when the new i30 arrives . :welcum: :goodjob2:

Cheers mate/traitor!  :victory: We should post our i30s pics! Am curious to see how "unique" they look.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Tuvok.. Congrats on the new car (from Tassie)  :victory:  :drinks:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Welcome to the club!!  I've also found a useful source of genuine accessories to be eBay.  There are some great deals out there.  I purchased my dash mat, and chrome pedals from eBay.

Tuvok
Welcome Tuvok.. Congrats on the new car (from Tassie)  :victory:  :drinks:

Cheers Dazzler!  :goodjob2: Patiently waiting.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Tuvok
Welcome to the club!!  I've also found a useful source of genuine accessories to be eBay.  There are some great deals out there.  I purchased my dash mat, and chrome pedals from eBay.

Cheers mate!  :victory: Thank god for eBay hey.  :happydance:
I am tempted to fit chrome pedals too. Will it loose its grip when you step on with dress/work shoes?

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

I am tempted to fit chrome pedals too. Will it loose its grip when you step on with dress/work shoes?

Not at all.  Mine has raised rubber grip bits in each pedal.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GD-i30-ALLOY-SPORTS-PEDALS-MANUAL-VEHICLES-ONLY-GENUINE-HYUNDAI-2012-ONWARD-/150980897424?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232729aa90&_uhb=1

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
They have rubber traction pads on them to stop from being slippery, can also be bought from here :link: 2012+ i30 Sport Aluminum Pedal Set - Korean Auto Imports

Cars pics can be found in the Gallery tab at the top of the forum :)

Tuvok

Not at all.  Mine has raised rubber grip bits in each pedal.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GD-i30-ALLOY-SPORTS-PEDALS-MANUAL-VEHICLES-ONLY-GENUINE-HYUNDAI-2012-ONWARD-/150980897424?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232729aa90&_uhb=1

Oh nice! I was blind... should have opened my eyes bigger to see those rubber grips. Am SOLD, am getting those sexy chromees for my pedals.  :happydance:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Welcome Tuvoc.

Cheers Surferdude! Is that your car on the pic?
I wish. It's a car competing in the Chinese Touring Car championshis a couple of years ago.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal