UK Windscreen Wiper Blades

AlanHo · 11 · 4377

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The wiper blades on my Venga have started to smear so I bought some replacements over the internet.

My blades are 26” drivers side and 14” passenger side and I bought a pair of Valeo Compact Revolution blades for a total of £20.86 delivered. This is half what the local dealer charges.

The blades are performing excellently and I can recommend them.

These are their blades for the current UK i30

:link: Hyundai i30 Hatchback 2012 to 2014 Twin Pack Wiper Blades

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My, doesn't price vary depending on make.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
My front screen blades are still fine. Only the rear one needs replacing, probably get one from Halfords in a while - doesn't really matter how good it is for that job.

A friend had some wiper blades which made the most appalling noises when it was raining moderately. I even offered to get him some new ones ! Though he turned down my offer.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Go to poundland and get 2 for a quid then cut one down to the correct length.

Spare for later.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Go to poundland and get 2 for a quid then cut one down to the correct length.

Spare for later.

Good thinking.  :)

I seem to remember I got an advisory about it on last MOT. So better get some sort of replacement before March.

And Halfords ain't usually cheap.  :)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Interesting to note you blokes from UK have to replace wiper blades, almost unheard of here in OZ. I had my last vehicle a Hyundai Tucson for 4 years, never changed the blades, they were fine.
Car before that was a Hyundai Elantra, had that for 4 years, no blade change required.  My current car, FD i30 is 2.5 years old and wiper blades are good as gold. :goodjob2:

Of course we all know the reason, not nearly as much rain here. Had 200 mm this week, but first rain in 2 months down here on NSW South Coast, south of Sydney. :'(

I don't think I have ever operated the rear wiper on the FD i30. :undecided:  But then, being a retired Dinosaur, I don't go out much in the precipitation. :Pout:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Interesting to note you blokes from UK have to replace wiper blades, almost unheard of here in OZ. I had my last vehicle a Hyundai Tucson for 4 years, never changed the blades, they were fine.
Car before that was a Hyundai Elantra, had that for 4 years, no blade change required.  My current car, FD i30 is 2.5 years old and wiper blades are good as gold. :goodjob2:

Of course we all know the reason, not nearly as much rain here. Had 200 mm this week, but first rain in 2 months down here on NSW South Coast, south of Sydney. :'(

I don't think I have ever operated the rear wiper on the FD i30. :undecided:  But then, being a retired Dinosaur, I don't go out much in the precipitation. :Pout:
Boy, you're lucky Lester.
Aussie wiper blades cop a hiding from dust on the screen and in the air. I replaced my originals after about 2 years. The replacement silicon blades are still pretty good but leave a line here and there. Replacements due soon.
Over the years I've hated getting in other people's cars in the wet - especially at night. Perished and hardened blades make for some dangerous driving.
And I've always looked after mine. After a couple of decades of driving rally cars, I was pretty paranoid about keeping the screen clean and carefully wiping the blades when washing the car.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I bought a set for Lila last year pre winter, AUD$20 and still as good as new. I put the link up at the time.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The wiper blades on my Venga have started to smear so I bought some replacements over the internet.

My blades are 26” drivers side and 14” passenger side and I bought a pair of Valeo Compact Revolution blades for a total of £20.86 delivered. This is half what the local dealer charges.

The blades are performing excellently and I can recommend them.

Costco sell Goodyear blades  at £5.95 each.  Really good quality and a large selection of lengths.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta: baradeur  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I bought a set for Lila last year pre winter, AUD$20 and still as good as new. I put the link up at the time.

Way to go Phil, the more you buy the more you save. :D
  • FD i30 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal