i30 Owners Club

Baskerville Historic Race Meeting

FatBoy · 7 · 6892

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
This past weekend, my youngest son and I went to Baskerville Raceway (near Hobart) to attend the Historic Race meeting.  It was a great event, with some really nice cars on display and racing.  There was a decent crowd there (third biggest at Baskerville) and all were seeming to enjoy the day out.  There were a few Minis, FJ and FX Holdens, EH Holdens, Toranas, MGs, AC Cobra Replicas, and a few open wheelers too.  Thankfully, not many ended up needing a panel beater at the end of the day.

Here are some shots from the day.

This is the view from the start/finish line during the pit walk.  You can see the spectator hill in the background, with all of the cars on it.

Another view, down past the display of MGs (TA, TB, TC and TDs) to the start/finish line and spectator hill.

Looking from our parking spot to the track.  You can see the whole track from the comfort of your own vehicle.

Some information on the track.
:link: Baskerville Raceway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Can't see the pictures
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Pictures show fine for me, try refreshing the browser or cleaning the browser cache ( CCleaner is an excellent and friendly tool for this )

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
They're working now. I use Tapatalk on my phone. Opened in browser and everything. Good now.
That looks like a great event. 
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :Agoodpost: :ta:

We only saw the adds for it on Saturday night (and were busy on Sunday)  :(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thank's Jamie, I have been to that track to watch a race meeting myself so bring's back memories. Track surface was a bit rough when I was there last but great spectator track.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Thank's Jamie, I have been to that track to watch a race meeting myself so bring's back memories. Track surface was a bit rough when I was there last but great spectator track.

It is still a very rough surface.  They are raising funds to have it resurfaced, and to upgrade the facilities there.  It is the only race track in Southern Tasmania, so hopefully it will raise the required funds.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal