i30 Owners Club

Where is the thermostat in i30 1.4 16V

Offline wromich

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
Hi Everyone,

I have Hyundai i30 with 1.4 16V(109HP) engine. At the moment i have a problem with thermostat. I removed thermostat chassis (I supposed) but there isn't thermostat. It looks like image below: http://obudowy.net.pl/p/2014/07/termostat-obudowa-hyundai-i30-ceed-benzyna-2009r-4349745718.jpg
So where is thermostat in this car?
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 21:11:38 by Phil №❶ »
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 16V

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi wromich

:wttc:

Can't help you with the thermostat, sorry, but hopefully someone else have the answer.

What is the problem you have...  :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline wromich

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
While driving temperature gauge has about 50*C but when you stop and engine is still running temperature grows. So I think this is problem with thermostat. I bought it and want to replace. I removed the chassis but there is not thermostat. So I think he must be in different place, but I don't know where. So maybe you have any repair manual for this car or can please tell me where I must looking for. Many thanks.
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 16V

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Definitely sounds like the thermostat.

Mine's the diesel, so won't help looking at that..  :whistler:

There must be a big cooling hose from the top of the radiator to the engine. If you follow that, it many times connects on the engine where the thermostat is located. Maybe that's the one you allready removed.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline wromich

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
There are 2 big hoses directly connected to the engine. 1st of them I already removed (looks similar photo on my 1st post). 2nd hose is located on bottom left side of engine. Supposed this is a return hose. Where can I buy or download some scheme or diagram of cooling system?
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 16V

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I suspect you radiator may need flushing or your cooling fan is not switching on. The thermostat will NOT sole either of these problems. At idle, the electric fan should automatically operate to bring engine temp down. I'd check the fuse 1st.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline wromich

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
My engine temperature is very low while driving. So the problem is that large fluid circulation all the time and thermostat is always open and not close. So I would like to check this but firstly I must localize where he is.
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 16V

Offline Pegasus

• 2nd Gear

• wales Wales
      Mid. Glamorgan
Hi Everyone,

I have Hyundai i30 with 1.4 16V(109HP) engine. At the moment i have a problem with thermostat. I removed thermostat chassis (I supposed) but there isn't thermostat. It looks like image below: http://obudowy.net.pl/p/2014/07/termostat-obudowa-hyundai-i30-ceed-benzyna-2009r-4349745718.jpg
So where is thermostat in this car?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, wromich.

If you click on the link below it will give you a fairly detailed drawing of the Cylinder Head and Block, of the 2012 - 2014 1.4 i30  - Were you can see the exact position of the Thermostat and its associated parts, inc. Part No.s

http://www.hyundaionlineparts.net/showAssembly.aspx?makeName=hyundai&modelYear=2013&modelName=i30&ukey_assembly=5786611&ukey_category=51507&assembly=khmapa512-25-255a

Hope this is of some help,  Good Luck.

• i30 Active. 1.4 Petrol. Manual. 5 Door. 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob: Pegasus...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal