Hi - Western Sydney

jasonw · 32 · 6609

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• i30cw CRDi 1.6 Auto Vivid Blue
Hi all,

I have responded to a few posts here but never really introduced myself, Hi my name is Jason and i am a i30aholic!

I currently have on order 2 CW CRDi Auto's (One for my family and one for the mother and father in law and NO i did not buy there's just used the two of us to belt down the dealer!). My one (Vivid Blue) is due on the 26/06 but the other a black one doesn't have a fixed ETA but i don't mind as it is the mother and father in laws car ;)

In all seriousness though i find this site invaluable for information and i am keeping track of posts day and night (god bless RSS). I love the photo's of peoples vehicles which makes me appreciate the lovely look of these cars while i wait.

First thing i am going to do when i get mine home is take some photo's of the car inside and out and post here, also going to post a HD video of car driving and engine noise etc on youtube as it is nearly imposible to find good video's that don't have crappy music drowning out the sound.

Regards!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice one jase look forwards to the uncensored (!) pics & vids :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome to another vivid blue  :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline nutter67

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
G'day from down south.  My car (only one of them) is due to dock on the 20th June, so hopefully should be optioned andready for me by the 30th June.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jason and Welcome...

Glad you enjoy the site as much as we do...

Looking forward to your Pix... :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome jasonw
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

G'day from down south.  My car (only one of them) is due to dock on the 20th June, so hopefully should be optioned andready for me by the 30th June.

Firstly thanks guys and gals for the welcome.

nutter67 i gather the dealer told you what day the ship was coming in? My dealer just tells me it's still due for the 26th June, perhaps i should ask him when it hits the dock as well.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Firstly thanks guys and gals for the welcome.

Which one of you guys has been lying about your sex.. :mad:. is it you Bri-ann or you Stevie... :lol:

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Another westie. which dealer did you buy form mate?

Offline nutter67

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
nutter67 i gather the dealer told you what day the ship was coming in? My dealer just tells me it's still due for the 26th June, perhaps i should ask him when it hits the dock as well.
Yep, thats when the dealer told me the ship would be docking - not necessarily when the car will be at the showroom ready to have the options fitted.

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Another westie. which dealer did you buy form mate?

Peter Warren Hyundai, brought from there before but they seem a bit meh when it comes to sales, Just an impression really.

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Just asked them for an update and was told the boat is now coming in on the 29/6 instead of the 26/6 with delivery 10 days after docking. So i should get the car about the same time as the wife is due to give birth.

Damn you Hyundai!!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just asked them for an update and was told the boat is now coming in on the 29/6 instead of the 26/6 with delivery 10 days after docking. So i should get the car about the same time as the wife is due to give birth.

Damn you Hyundai!!!

Make a bit of noise Jason (in a nice "tactful" way) and I'm sure they will be able to shorten the delivery time by a few days...  :wink:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
.. or ask the missus to hang fire for an extra week or two ;)

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

.. or ask the missus to hang fire for an extra week or two ;)

I tell you what i ain't plugging it :)

I'm the main cause in her eyes, just joking! I hate waiting for things just have to be patient.

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Just got a phone call, car is on the transport truck on it's way to the dealers. Dealer also informed me that it will be ready before next weekend!

Excellent :) WOOHOO!

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Just got my call and my i30cw CRDi will be ready friday afternoon for pickup, it's exciting.....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just got my call and my i30cw CRDi will be ready friday afternoon for pickup, it's exciting.....

Congrats... Is Angelina excited too?  :razz:

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Yeh she's buzzed, apprently she like the torque ;)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Excellent. Just in time to whisk the missus off to the hospital for a different kind of delivery? :D

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Make a bit of noise Jason (in a nice "tactful" way) and I'm sure they will be able to shorten the delivery time by a few days...  :wink:

Dazz i took your advice and made a bit of noise, basically Hyundai have been keeping a close eye on my order and being giving the dealer and myself updates. Not sure if i can mention names but i will anyways, Nari from Hyundai has been a gem and true to her word. Also the guys at Peter Warren have been calling and emailing me updates and very gratefull of the service for a car in such high demand.

I have been on this forum alot lately and even keeping track of posts during the day, i have so much extra knowledge now about this diesel car and i have not even tried it out yet so thanks very much all of you for your excellent posts.

Shambles,

Yeh the missers swears she is very close, pretty much any day now and getting the car is just one more thing less to worry about, actually the missers accused me of putting preference on the car then the baby  :wink:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz i took your advice and made a bit of noise, basically Hyundai have been keeping a close eye on my order and being giving the dealer and myself updates. Not sure if i can mention names but i will anyways, Nari from Hyundai has been a gem and true to her word. Also the guys at Peter Warren have been calling and emailing me updates and very gratefull of the service for a car in such high demand.

Mentioning names isn't a problem especially in a positive way ..

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Okay about to leave and go pickup my new i30cw CRDi, hopefully get some photos done tonight and put them up.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
No you wont.

Once you drive it, you won't stop till you are in about... oooh... about... say..... Melbourne.

We can see the pics tomorrow :-))

Offline Trips

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
No you wont.

Once you drive it, you won't stop till you are in about... oooh... about... say..... Melbourne.

We can see the pics tomorrow :-))

So true that. when i picked up mine, i made every attempt to go out and drive it. i need to go to the post box, i'll drive there and it only 50 meters away :)

after i pass the first 1000k and get the service done, I'm going to take a drive to the gold and sunshine cost and i may do it in one day, bugger getting out of the car :D

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Picked it up, what a brilliant car. I got a bit of turbo kick turning out of the dealership. Too dark for good photos so will post it tomorrow. Very impressed with the performance in the 20 min drive home

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Picked it up, what a brilliant car. I got a bit of turbo kick turning out of the dealership. Too dark for good photos so will post it tomorrow. Very impressed with the performance in the 20 min drive home

That's what we like to hear .. I like this thread full of positives  :mrgreen:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
after i pass the first 1000k and get the service done, I'm going to take a drive to the gold and sunshine cost

Ha.. wife and I too.

I actually said to her the other day "I love that car. If it had a fridge in it I'd live in it".
She threw me the keys and said "there's one in the glove box, see you in the morning".

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Well have been driving it for about 2+ hours now and a few observations:

1. The ride is lovely and smooth, no vibration from the engine at all.
2. Looking over my shoulder for traffic has far more visibility then my old Tucson.
3. While you can get it to come off the mark quick it is really around the 40-50km mark that the car just pulls with very little effort, in fact it is really hard sometimes to keep at or below the speed limit, i was passing V6 cars that just could not either get any good torque in there mid range or get up a hill without pusshing the pedal. I was getting up the hill on the cumberland highway towards the golf course at cabramatta (quite a big hill that my tucson could never do without going down a gear and hitting hard) in 4th with next to no effort.
4. Climate Control and iPod connectivity is great (Got my iPod cable free form the dealer for the delay in getting the car).

I can't wait to go on the highway and give it a good run, i am really rapped in the car and the Auto transmission is great and does not panic and shift gears even when you push the pedal a bit mostly due to the engines torque, they really do compliment each other very well. And i have never driven a car with cruise control where it did not shift down gears and rev hard before dropping back on hills but this car really gives the cruise control and good name.

I'll post some video up to youtube soon once i get over the honeymoon period :)

Jay

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal