i30 Owners Club

Head light levelers

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
If you adjust your lights when there is no load in the vehicle, then put for adults, with luggage in, you'll find your lights pointing up into the air, blinding oncoming traffic.

Ok, adjust your lights for this. All is fine.

Now, when everyone hops out, with only the driver in the vehicle, your lights are now pointing several meters in front of the vehicle, totally useless!

Hyundai, you provide this function on the i30 elsewhere in the world, why not Australia? If it costs an extra $150 to implement, then I would gladly pay for this functionality at time of purchase.

ADR's have nothing to do with it since there are many EU spec vehicles here with headlight levelers on them.

Hyundai, please consider!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Quote from: "Thumper"
If you adjust your lights when there is no load in the vehicle, then put for adults, with luggage in, you'll find your lights pointing up into the air, blinding oncoming traffic.

Ok, adjust your lights for this. All is fine.

Now, when everyone hops out, with only the driver in the vehicle, your lights are now pointing several meters in front of the vehicle, totally useless!

Hyundai, you provide this function on the i30 elsewhere in the world, why not Australia? If it costs an extra $150 to implement, then I would gladly pay for this functionality at time of purchase.

ADR's have nothing to do with it since there are many EU spec vehicles here with headlight levelers on them.

Hyundai, please consider!

Good idea Thumper, in the mean time were can i buy a long skinny philipshead screw driver?
thanks Lakes

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Supercheap Auto, AutoBahn, BigW, just about anywhere.  8-)

Offline Dave

• 2nd Gear
OK how does one adjust the headlights on the i30?      It would be great to have some sort of handbook to help?  Also it looks like a terrible job to replace a globe? Thee handbook advising to remove the headlight asembly. Gosh how does one do that on the road and how many bolts etc?.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have a roll switch by my right knee to do fine adjustment
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline tzwientjuh

• 5th Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Mine is always at 0. With people in the back its 1. With people plus trunk full its 2.

To bad it aint automatic :p

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Geez, we're lucky we even ended up with indicators in our cars down here! How much equipment have we missed out on???? :shock:

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
id say hemmi! how come everywhere else they seem to have all these various models and extra functions...also the two fob keys *shakes fist at hyundai australia* hopefully we can atleast get some things to retrofit later...and hopefully they dont crank the price too high for the things we didnt get on our car....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal