i30 Owners Club

Buying a new I30

Offline oldmanwarrior

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi all
Put a deposit down on a new I30 slx diesel and for same price we got a choice of manuel or auto. We think auto for comfort and man. for saving fuel. What do you think? Pro's and con's. It appears to us that the man is very popular.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
manual for $2000 less could be a reason,but not everyone can drive a manual. my i30 hatch is manual and the wifes cw is an auto. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi all
Put a deposit down on a new I30 slx diesel and for same price we got a choice of manuel or auto. We think auto for comfort and man. for saving fuel. What do you think? Pro's and con's. It appears to us that the man is very popular.

If economy isn't a big consideration (if you are not doing a lot of kilometres for example) and you can get an Auto for the same price as the manual you will get a bit more back if you sell or trade it in the next couple of years...

I haven't driven an auto i30 but apparently the diesel pulls the Auto well (although it is only a basic 4 speed). Think you need to drive both before making a decision and expect you to prefer the manual  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Pip
Hi all
My question would be: am I getting the auto for the manual price or vice versa?

There is a 2k diff there somewhere isn't there?  If you decide the manual, bargain for it at $2k less or walk away and ask another dealer (if you haven't already).   But you dropped the deposit already!  Oh well, I hope it was the auto at manual price.  :-[

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome oldmanwarrior